PRO's Moderation Discussion

Logan

Many players are getting banned for no reason like my friends.

They got banned unnecessarily like Teham but he has now been unbanned.

So i think you guys should provide better anti-cheat because many players are using Cheat Engine with PRO without getting banned.

I will not take their names cuz i don't have proof but i saw them cheating with my own eyes.

Sorry i was flowed in my feelings.

If this hurts anyone then sorry once again.

HAIL LUGIA.

• Like 2

Golsaw

QOZiI2E.png

Simplicity Is The Most Fashionable Word In This Fashionable World.

Join PRO Discord Now | PRO Discord Punishment Policy | PRO Youtube | PRO Wiki

my single complaint is abt my ban years ago am aware that i used hack speed with friend and we got banned both of us he just got a gm friend that unbanned him while i was begging to get mine back for noth they just closed my topic and banned me from forum a just wanna say atleast if u do some rules just stick to them it dosen't matter if its a friend or not rules are rules

• Like 2

One of the best changes made is allowing people to ask for help in all chat. It simplified the rules and made sense to the community. I think this should be a guide to future rule changes or additions. Rules should be simple to explain, understand, and make sense to a majority of the community.

__

I am a huge fan of the recent trade auction rules. I have been very vocal about this subject for a long time and excited to watch its impact moving forward.

__

I am extremely concerned about the amount of begging or spamming for help in the form of free things done through PMs. A majority of these are spam with clear intention to SCAM other players. I have expressed my concerns about this several times. Scammers pressure people into 1 on 1 conversations away from the eyes of moderation. Some very commonly used phrases are:

• "Could you please give me 5k so I can travel to another region?" - They are simply spamming as many people as they can to earn a quick buck.
  • "Could you please give me any high level pokemon you do not use so I can beat the elite four?" - In reality, they have already beat the elite four. They just want free things with the off chance a noob gives them an epic.
  • "Could you please give me money, I am new." - Shameless begging. No one would ever type this in trade chat.
  • "I gave away all my stuff awhile back. Do you have any pokemon you could give me?" - Advanced form of manipulation to make you feel sorry for the scammer. How could you not give pokemon to someone that was so kind in the past?

Common responses from staff members are:

• "You can just ignore them." - This is not effective. As soon as the PM pops up, the feeling of frustration and disappointment has set in. Also, I do not worry about me falling victim, I fear others falling victim to the scammers.
  • "If it annoys you, just turn off your PMs." - PRO's advantage over the Pokemon franchise games is the ability to socialize and play with friends. Having to set myself to offline because I am PM'd for free things every other time I walk into a PC is frustrating.
  • "Asking for help is not against the rules." - This is true, however, this is what the scammers hide behind. They mask their scams through asking for help in the form of pokedollars or free pokemon. There needs to be rules preventing or discouraging scammers from hiding behind this reasoning.
  • "If they are scamming or spamming, you can report them." - Sure. However, as a player, when someone tells me they need some money to travel to another region how am I supposed to know they are also asking 100 other people the same thing? How am I supposed to know the person they asked before me already gave them 5k and they are simply asking more people in hopes to get easy money? How am I supposed to know the sob story of giving away all their things last year to attend college is a lie devised to get me to feel sad for them?

The bottom line is, asking for free things should not be permitted through PMs. Asking for help is not a crime and should not be punished. Asking for free things should be though. I have been extremely vocal about this topic and provided several real situations to multiple staff members in ways PRO scammers operate with begging via PMs. There must be a more aggressive rule that prevents this predatory behavior and encourages the community to report it. Feel free to moderate how you feel, but educating the community on how to identify and report these types of scams will make it a much more enjoyable game for players at all stages of the game.

You are right i also get pm when i go to older cities like kanto + johto e4 city they beg and i give once i had to give an epic joltik in kanto e4 for 7k cuz i was noob that time he told that he will buy it for 7k cuz he was willing to help but now i understand i was scammed.

Funny isn't it?

XD

THAT'S the reason i locked myself in sinnoh region.

HAIL LUGIA.

Golsaw

QOZiI2E.png

Simplicity Is The Most Fashionable Word In This Fashionable World.

Join PRO Discord Now | PRO Discord Punishment Policy | PRO Youtube | PRO Wiki

Should beggers on the street be jailed or punished for begging?

It's something I thought about quite a bit actually ever since you brought it up, its a bit more complicated than just flat out banning it.

Many players are getting banned for no reason like my friends.

No player gets banned for "no reason", that assumption is just flat out wrong.

Your friend was unbanned because it was proven that he wasn't breaking the rules but it appeared that way (very minor offense and literally everyone gets unbanned from it).

So i think you guys should provide better anti-cheat because many players are using Cheat Engine with PRO without getting banned.

I will not take their names cuz i don't have proof but i saw them cheating with my own eyes.

They are actually being banned, all of them and if you know someone is cheating then you can simply report them. I can see that you never reported anyone for that.

my single complaint is abt my ban years ago am aware that i used hack speed with friend and we got banned both of us he just got a gm friend that unbanned him while i was begging to get mine back for noth they just closed my topic and banned me from forum a just wanna say atleast if u do some rules just stick to them it dosen't matter if its a friend or not rules are rules

You were banned under an old system that was faulty and has been removed a long time ago however you admitted to cheating but claimed it was someone else. The appeal process goes always into one direction, is the user honest or not. You are responsible for your account, so blaming others will never get you unbanned.

Appeal Rules: "Appeals which state that a third party caused the ban will be denied instantly. Third party = Brother, cousin, Godzilla, sentient headset, robotic arm, etc."

We do stick by our rules very strictly.

• Like 1
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

It's nothing about the rules but a request for the moderators to reply more/they talk more with us(all chat) except just looking at their screen that everything is all right so we will be able to interact directly to the staff of PRO from the game. Players active in all chat normally discuss about pokes or maybe what we want from the game so if the MOD who is online and keeping an eye on general chat and keep replying and give us some satisfactory answers (maybe Not eta is enough ) or they support the players idea like ya Z Moves should be added these things I guess will make communication system more fun for players as well as mods(I think)

Thank you for reading ^-^

• Like 1

Should beggers on the street be jailed or punished for begging?

It's something I thought about quite a bit actually ever since you brought it up, its a bit more complicated than just flat out banning it.

Panhandling is banned in many parts of first world countries. In places it is allowed, it is often regulated. Law makers regulate it by defining "aggressive panhandling." More on this if you would like to read up on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggressive_panhandling. The description can be compared to getting a PM asking for something free. 1558852358717.thumb.png.1e2aaf044927231433d2de5d47d90b85.png

Regardless, this comparing begging in PRO to begging in real life is a poor comparison. Begging / panhandling is done by homeless people. There is no "homelessness" in PRO. If people need help, there is a help chat. If people need high level pokemon, there is a trade chat. If people want advise on things, there is all chat. If you want to take any type of comparison from real life, you can define "aggressive panhandling" in PRO as asking for free things via PM.

• Like 3
E6W75Tu.png

It's nothing about the rules but a request for the moderators to reply more/they talk more with us(all chat) except just looking at their screen that everything is all right so we will be able to interact directly to the staff of PRO from the game. Players active in all chat normally discuss about pokes or maybe what we want from the game so if the MOD who is online and keeping an eye on general chat and keep replying and give us some satisfactory answers (maybe Not eta is enough ) or they support the players idea like ya Z Moves should be added these things I guess will make communication system more fun for players as well as mods(I think)

Thank you for reading ^-^

It's funny that you are bringing this up as we had this discussion the other with moderation staff. Moderators in particular are trained to moderate, they are not trained to have all the game knowledge like a CC for example. Their main duty when logging into the game with their staff account is to moderate the chats, it is up to them if they want to engage in conversations or not. For me personally I engage when I feel like it or like the subject, have something to say. We are not there to socialize with our staff accounts.

Some staffs see this differently but in the end we can't force anyone to have conversations about very banal things just because players want to talk to a staff member.

A lot of community members have a ton of knowledge about the game or even new content after it was released, Moderators for example often times do not have the time to play or know everything about it. I can obviously only speak for my team but we all are rather quiet while enforcing the rules, some talk, some talk when they feel like it.

Regardless, this comparing begging in PRO to begging in real life is a poor comparison. Begging / panhandling is done by homeless people. There is no "homelessness" in PRO. If people need help, there is a help chat. If people need high level pokemon, there is a trade chat. If people want advise on things, there is all chat. If you want to take any type of comparison from real life, you can define "aggressive panhandling" in PRO as asking for free things via PM.

I'll bring this subject up again within moderation channels.

• Like 1
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

Nice a post I can said truth.

Stop change just for a symbol before your name and stay like you do as player (with limit)

Stop recruit bad people for helping the game, we know tier council will be pick by past history and good PvP player have infractions.

Stop take all at serious and became real person, stop cry for a game.

• Like 1

My biggest complaint is that staff role changed over the Time.

When i started the game back in 2016 a staff Member was active in Chats and helped people. I rarely see any staff ingame who just answer questions there.

In my opinion staff (this case Community coordinator? I guess) Are Way too far away from the Community. Staff should be someone people can go to if they got questions or problems and not someone who just works of his list of reports and punishes people.

• Like 4