Ranked OU and UU tier rotation?

Eaty

Would you be in favor of a Ranked OU-UU rotation?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of a Ranked OU-UU rotation?

Just to clarify (last post I promise): You would basically replace unranked with a UU queue, giving people an actual reason to play unranked. Also, instead of no rewards, you would get one pvp coin per win in the UU queue, but there would be no ladder rewards etc connected to it. 

Essentially, the UU queue would become a relaxing tier that becomes what unranked always wanted to be: an environment where you can experiment, have fun, play with unique mons without worrying about losing rating for your guild / for the ladder. You would still get 1 pvp coin per win, so it would not be a complete waste of time either. 

shiny arbok.png

This is a great idea for some added variety. I understand everyones points, where it may not work to force everyone on uu for a month, but I also see concern in having two queues due to small playerbase. Is there any point in opening discussions to either merging silver and gold for a larger playerbase, or at least maybe implementing cross server pvp, even if it's just for uu? As a developer, I do understand that cross server pvp may be very difficult to implement though, depending on the architecture of pro.

8 hours ago, TheLitGengar said:

Does no one understand that every tier of Pokémon has its own meta? So the complaints of finding the same Pokémon over and over again (which isn’t  really valid) will happen in UU too. If that doesn’t bother you, that’s fine but it’s going to happen.

its lower tier than ou with much weaker pokes NU and PU pokes will have chances to shine as well since the power difference between NU and UU and NU and OU pokes is enormous so what u say makes no sense people will use all kind of pokes also UU pokes are not ridicolously overpowered legendaries and stallpokes like OU wouldnt hurt to fight in a meta like that. i think people are just scared of this because they cant rly do anything except spamming aqua jet or softboiled when it comes to fighting and now they would actually have think of stuff

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif  

I think this is a really good idea, but we need to be careful while making it real.

Our pvp player base is small so making 2 seperate ladder is almost impossible, so let just skip it (Even showdown's UU ladder is not that popular)!

About the rotation, i think 1 month is kinda long. Some people will like it, some people won't because most of the time, players will want to use OU mons, sometimes they'll only use heat (lower tier) mons for fun.
It'll be annoying for people who spent hours or pay millions to have some great mons having them sitting in PC for a month (some even wont play pvp because they just dont like the tier).

IMO, we should start with one week of UU per month. And then the next decision should be made base on the player's reaction to the tier(how many games in that week compare to other weeks, making a topic like this after the first week of UU, e.t.c).
Because one week per month is not that long, i think making pvp more rewarding on that week will not hurt (Double the pvp coin gains from first 5 matchs, buff weekly pvp reward on that week, e.t.c). Maybe some people will play UU at first because of the reward/ refeshment then start liking it xD.
My english sux, hope u guys'll still understand

Edited by uturnisfixed

1 minute ago, Axxaxhino7777 said:

so many people vote no but no one explain why ?? greatest idea for the game ever

I guess some people just dont like UU, like me? xP

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L