Giratina wings being purchasable opinion

Kboww

just want to state in the first sentence that this is MY OPINION so please don't come commenting all angry. 

I personally feel like putting these wings as a purchasable item takes away from players that have been playing for 3-4 years+ by alot and is a bad idea. This is one of the only things we have thats special and impossible to get from long ago and its kinda lame that now it will be everywhere and no longer unique in the game. But that's just my opinion 

Edited by Kboww
  • Like 6
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

I do agree, many new players will think it's unfair that only older players can get these items, however it's kind of a seniority thing. You're an older player so you have more benefits, and items, etc. It's a similar thing with stuff like the Fox Mask being only available for contributors, only a few players can get it, and other players feel left out about it. But there's no world in which everyone can benefit properly, as shown by this. 

Wings overall have not been something able to be bought, other than a couple from the coin shop. Some have been in Bug Catching, others from events, which i think should remain the case.

• Like 2

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

It feels pretty bad that i had to grind that christmas underground twice a day for a month to earn enough coins to purchase the articuno wings because i missed the christmas event before just to have them thrown into the PvP store, I'd like to see exclusive cosmetics for specific events even if you need to grind alot for them. Same applys to the giratina wings i missed the event for them and im perfectly happy that i cant get them again.

• Like 1

While i do want giratina wings since i was not an OG player,  this feels really unfair towards older players.

Maybe this is alot to ask for , but maybe make a different model or look to the new giratina wings, make them look slightly different no matter how small the change is. That would give both old and new giratina wings their own identity while keeping both players relatively satisfied , at least the OG players get to have something unique as they deserve.

Edited by Ghabra
  • Like 1

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

19 hours ago, Ghabra said:

While i do want giratina wings since i was not an OG player,  this feels really unfair towards older players.

Maybe this is alot to ask for , but maybe make a different model or look to the new giratina wings, make them look slightly different no matter how small the change is. That would give both old and new giratina wings their own identity while keeping both players relatively satisfied , at least the OG players get to have something unique as they deserve.

Yeah true this is a good idea as well 

Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

Cosmetics which are/were exclusive to an event or something similar should stay exclusive imo.

Looking at the Articuno Wings especially here since I had to grind the Christmas Underground for the Xmas-currency to get those. Exclusive cosmetics are a nice reward for quests or other tasks and if they were previously obtainable through these it should not be changed since it feels unrewarding for players who grinded for these cosmetics and had them as an 'exclusive flex'.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Agree. Maybe the veteran players who has Giratina Wings and Articuno Wings from event, should have theirs turned into the Shiny version instead?

better but should not be limited to, make giratina/articuno wings tradeable and purchaseable Uwu.

Untitled_05-31-2022_12-01-07_2.png.b0206a71b8f00a4946f0e5bd1b5adf38.png

• Administrator

The reason of why they have been added from Eaty is cause he wanted to release all the legendary wings sooner or later.

The fact of old user being against it was expected from us, this cause as I said as well within staff it is important to maintain exclusivity for things obtained in special events done 3/4 years ago. And this is exactly why we have thought about adding, to the original players that had received them in the event (2016/2017, not sure) something else exclusive they can keep.

We are still unsure about WHAT give, but as for now we are thinking about a special form of said Giratina Wings. As we are still unsure, we'll just communicate it when this will be properly decided.

• Like 6

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others