3% on world quest completion should get reward, regardless of complete or fail

Q25

Hello like i wrote in the title, in my opinion those people who were dedicated for the world quest to finish it with 3% for double reward should get the reward regardless of completion of the world quest or not. since me myself spend approximatly 10hours+ to reach the 3% and ontop of that i had to still continue my hunt in order to have a chance of finishing the world quest. its actually very frustrating seeing that the whole hunt was for nothing. literally 10hours of waste. very annoying to see that. unless they come and surprise us with somethng.

completing 3% is NO JOKE!

best regards,

q25

Alhamdu Lillahi Rabbel A'lameen ☝️

Going forward, this is meant to be contructive feedback. Please keep that in mind.

TLDR section can be found at the bottom of this reply.

To be fair, granting only those who reach 3% completion regardless of World Quest failure is just the same as neglecting all of the efforts put into it for those who spent countless hours just getting to the 0,5% milestone or barely made it but in the end and was not rewarded because it failed. I had the same opinion as you after my first WQ, which also failed. But, I have since changed my opinion, because it felt selfish of me to be thinking that way.

I assume that this suggestion came to blossom after the failed Bidoof World Quest which seem to have failed on both servers alike. Let me tell you, making 3% on the Bidoof quest is significantly easier and less time consuming then getting it in any other normal tier 8 or tier 9 World Quests. Still, if you believe that they/you should be given a reward regardless, I'm not entirely against it or I wasn't in the past. But, I am against this suggestion if things like special World Quest events like the Bidoof World Quest isn't excluded from this reward. Why is that? Because effort should never be neglected and it is way too easy to get 3% on it, making it practically useless and unfair for the rest that also helped participate and got over the 0,5% milestone.

And I did say it is "way too easy", but this differs for everyone. I know that getting roughly 48 068 IVs (bare minimum IVs for Gold server) isn't a easy task for the Bidoof WQ. And I'm not neglecting your efforts when I say this, but you would have an even rougher and harder time in a normal tier 8 and tier 9 World Quests, which also seems to fail more often then not. Practically rendering this suggestion pointless, as it will only benefit people in most cases on special WQs and that I am heavily against for said reasons above and below.

Honestly, make it fair for everyone who participated and not neglect all the awesome people that helped bring it closer to 0.

I'm not saying that a individual should not be rewarded accordingly for their efforts, but never neglect the rest of the participants for your own selfish reasons. Doing such will not amount to anything and it pains me to see this.

51 minutes ago, Q25 said:

btw (wasting) 10hours for 3% in new year lets not forget that  🤣

Hmm, idk if this is meant to be a reassurance for this suggestion or you just straight up ranting about your loss.

So... Here, let me enlight you with a short story about my first World Quest on PRO.

It was around 1-2 years ago that I found myself intrigued with the World Quest and decided to finally try it out for the reward it yieled for the first time. However, this was unfortunately posted right before, what would later be known IMO as PRO's worst timing for a Special Outbreak.

Earlier that day, the World Quest was announced, it was irrc a tier 8 or 9 Pokemon. The worst nightmare for any hunter, people were mad in chat, everyone was on edge but they still continued to push forward. People were saying that the WQ might actually be successful despite the odds. However, little did the community know that a super Rare Outbreak with irrc Star Wars sprites with a high spawning chance was about to unfold. I was at that point already on my 11th hour online still hunting for a Skitty and was barely passing 1,6% mark. There were only a few hours left and irrc about 40,000+ IVs remaining. I was at 2,4% when it ended. But I still hunted for 4 hours straight, and there were only 1 other dedicated person hunting with me on that location for the entirely of the hours remaining, and I believe the other spot were also pretty much emptied right after the special Outbreak was announced. It was sad to see how my first ever WQ failed and on top of that, I were that close to my first ever 3% on a 100,000+ IVs World Quest ... I dedicated my entire day for an event that yielded me nothing in return, that had taken 15 hours of my life and amounted to nothing, because I kept on submitting the captured Pokemon after I hit 0,5% the first time because PC storage and to be sure that I lowered the number so others would submit too. Honestly, it was a real punch to the throat. So I understand the frustration of wasting hours for nothing, and furthermore going into 2022 with no rewards for your efforts.

For the record, Waleed1301 have already suggested this back in 2020 and or potentially others that I've missed on the way.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/146408-small-change-in-how-the-world-quest-works/

TLDR;

Make it fair for everyone who got 0,5% or more. Do not neglect the effort of everyone participating. Perhaps give rewards to everyone who participated in some way to compensate for the loss to at least yield something back for all the effort one have put fourth. Its easier to get 3% during a special World Quest then it is in normal World Quests (tier 8 and 9), which renders this suggestion pointless.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

Going forward, this is meant to be contructive feedback. Please keep that in mind.

TLDR section can be found at the bottom of this reply.

To be fair, granting only those who reach 3% completion regardless of World Quest failure is just the same as neglecting all of the efforts put into it for those who spent countless hours just getting to the 0,5% milestone or barely made it but in the end and was not rewarded because it failed. I had the same opinion as you after my first WQ, which also failed. But, I have since changed my opinion, because it felt selfish of me to be thinking that way.

I assume that this suggestion came to blossom after the failed Bidoof World Quest which seem to have failed on both servers alike. Let me tell you, making 3% on the Bidoof quest is significantly easier and less time consuming then getting it in any other normal tier 8 or tier 9 World Quests. Still, if you believe that they/you should be given a reward regardless, I'm not entirely against it or I wasn't in the past. But, I am against this suggestion if things like special World Quest events like the Bidoof World Quest isn't excluded from this reward. Why is that? Because effort should never be neglected and it is way too easy to get 3% on it, making it practically useless and unfair for the rest that also helped participate and got over the 0,5% milestone.

And I did say it is "way too easy", but this differs for everyone. I know that getting roughly 48 068 IVs (bare minimum IVs for Gold server) isn't a easy task for the Bidoof WQ. And I'm not neglecting your efforts when I say this, but you would have an even rougher and harder time in a normal tier 8 and tier 9 World Quests, which also seems to fail more often then not. Practically rendering this suggestion pointless, as it will only benefit people in most cases on special WQs and that I am heavily against for said reasons above and below.

Honestly, make it fair for everyone who participated and not neglect all the awesome people that helped bring it closer to 0.

I'm not saying that a individual should not be rewarded accordingly for their efforts, but never neglect the rest of the participants for your own selfish reasons. Doing such will not amount to anything and it pains me to see this.

Hmm, idk if this is meant to be a reassurance for this suggestion or you just straight up ranting about your loss.

So... Here, let me enlight you with a short story about my first World Quest on PRO.

It was around 1-2 years that I found myself intrigued with the World Quest and decided to finally try it out for the reward it yieled for the first time. However, this was unfortunately posted right before, what would leter be later known IMO as PRO's worst timing for a Special Outbreak.

Earlier that day, the World Quest was announced, it was irrc a tier 8 or 9 Pokemon. The worst nightmare for any hunter, people were mad in chat, everyone was on edge but they still continued to push forward. People were saying that the WQ might actually be successful despite the odds. However, little did the community know that a super Rare Outbreak with irrc Star Wars sprites with a high spawning chance was about to unfold. I was at that point already on my 11th hour online still hunting for a Skitty and was barely passing 1,6% mark. There were only a few hours left and irrc about 40,000+ IVs remaining. I was at 2,4% when it ended. But I still hunted for 4 hours straight, and there were only 1 other dedicated person hunting with me on that location for the entirely of the hours remaining, and I believe the other spot were also pretty much emptied right after the special Outbreak was announced. It was sad to see how my first ever WQ failed and on top of that, I were that close to my first ever 3% on a 100,000+ IVs World Quest ... I dedicated my entire day for an event that yielded me nothing in return, that had taken 15 hours of my life and amounted to nothing, because I kept on submitting the captured Pokemon after I hit 0,5% the first time because PC storage and to be sure that I lowered the number so others would submit too. Honestly, it was a real punch to the throat. So I understand the frustration of wasting hours for nothing, and going into 2020 nonetheless.

For the record, Waleed1301 have already suggested this back in 2020 and or potentially others that I've missed on the way.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/146408-small-change-in-how-the-world-quest-works/

TLDR;

Make it fair for everyone who got 0,5% or more. Do not neglect the effort of everyone participating. Perhaps give rewards to everyone who participated in some way to compensate for the loss to at least yield something back for all the effort one have put fourth. Its easier to get 3% during a special World Quest then it is in normal World Quests (tier 8 and 9), which renders this suggestion pointless.

Thank you for your fast and nice reply first of all, 

im not trying to be selfish but like you also experienced, hitting the 3% mark is meat to be real dedication specially if it was a skitty.
I agree that its a whole team effort and completely agree that everyone should be threated the same. but in one hand there are people who do only 0.5% and let it be there because they don't have much time on that day or maybe other personal reasons, and on the other hand there are people who are going with motivation for the 3%. The sad part is after failing the 3% world quest its a huge motivation loss for going again 3%. me for example, I'm most likely never going for the 3% again after failing on the easiest poke to hunt and getting zero reward for it. probably I will be like the majority from now on and just go for the 0.5% and leave it and hope we succeed. if not, its still ok because I didn't spend 10hours of hunting and submitting. in the other hand I would have spended 1hour to 1:30hour max. is a very big difference time efficiency wise. 

1 hour ago, Q25 said:

btw (wasting) 10hours for 3% in new year lets not forget that  🤣

yea to be honest I tried to express here my, friends and most likely our dedicated hunters feelings. because it felt really sad failing on 3%. tried for the first time hitting the 3%.

thanks again for your honest reply and hope we could work around this as a community. maybe we just failed because alot of people were partying or spending their time with their family on new year, therefore we didn't had enough players to hit the 1.8m iv mark most likely.

In the end we are all in the same community and trying to keep our Pro community to the most fair & enjoyable and best state possible.

best regards,

q25

Alhamdu Lillahi Rabbel A'lameen ☝️

I'll be honest, I personally wouldn't mind that, if you do 3% on a WQ and it does not get complete, you get half a ticket that, when you get 2 of them, you can trade them for a Mysterious Ticket (2 or 3, depends on people's opinions). On 0.5% you get nothing if it fails, since it's a way smaller contribution than the 3% (the 0.5 is the minimum anyway). I'd give a +1 to that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

I agree more or less with that Bhimoso is saying, at least a mild reward is deserved for those that do it, and it might also give more incentive for people to do it knowing there's a reward for them as is, with people not being rewarded for their efforts they think they're wasting their time and thus, not completing it. Granting everyone a partial reward, definitely not as good as full completion, but worthwhile none the less, would prompt more people to do it. 

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

hes not the only one! And bidoof is not so easy! Think how many people dont have endd with jhoto for make this wq! +1 for this post i make 3% in 9+ hours and i have hunt many many many wq zebrestika pikachu treecko many i can't even remember how match it is! I play from 2016 and i rly hope 1 day give reword and if wq fail! You should see our try and give same rewords! ty

1876934625_Untitled05-18-202212-43-59(2).png.8af84260b2555993d6f6fe21c73519e4.png

WQ's desperately need an overhaul / rework imo. They should last multiple days and it should be a set number of catches for each player. The iv total thing should be removed. Players who participate that are not the champion of a certain region should get a non-ticket reward, such as balls / money.

• Developer

Hello, the World Quest is meant to be a server-wide quest where players have to work together towards the same goal.

Changing it so that every player can complete it for themselves or giving rewards for finishing it as player but not as a whole would completely miss the goal.

If you want something similar to that it'd make more sense to add a similar, new quest that does not require the server to work together.

That's why I have to deny the suggestion.