[FEEDBACK] XMAS Event

Shinohara

I really had fun with the recent Christmas event, especially the dungeon although it's hard to set-up a party if you're not in the guild but its exciting and challenging at the same time so I'm looking forward to more amazing and challenging events in PRO. You guys did a great job to it! More power and kudos to the staff behind this! 💖

Edited by Margar3tt3

If the dungeon quest was seperated into two ways, like individual and group, it would have been better in my opinion, as most of the players already mentioned about timing problems. For example, if the reward of group dungeon is light stone (If completed in 1st try), it should take 3 times for the people who have been doing dungeon without group to get light stone. 
Doing so, will even balance the reward system. 
I like the Santa and Zekrom quest, they were ezz and worthful to do as their rewards were satisfying too. At last, I really appreciate the hardwork put in by the PRO staff team. We expect even better quests from you. So, gooood luck! 

Feedback from a solo / duo player:

The XMAS event this year was nice I liked the idea of the dungeon and the way to Zekrom at the top of the tower. I play since 2017 and played a lot of events. I liked the concept but it would be better if you could do it as a team of two, because my mate and i had problems to find members at our lvl and it would be nice to optain the light stone without rng.

I know you guys just ant to give us something funny and challenging but pls dont forget the players which play solo or in really small groups. Beside this everything was great, as usual. 😉

Much love,keep going and thanks for the work ❤️

I liked the idea of the dungeon it is also a lot because you had the possibility to do the quest with your friends but there were many problems with it like some of my friends(most) hated dungen and the random party system was also kanda annoing ppl joint then afk even the leader 

i would recommend to add single player for rashirum quest

also please many more ppl need m lucario quest back over all everything was good 

the other zecorum quest was super fun 10/10 very good 

some people were annoyed from monkey or the lighting but they were the one of the best events quest love the puzzles and stuff 

also please do not add random rewards as it isn't fair

anyways keep going on and good luck

I only want to evaluate the legendary and mega stone quest, I didn't have much time to do other stuff.

I really like the idea of a co-op mission, and the dungeon in itself was not too bad, the levels were fun to play. Unfortunately, that's all I liked about the dungeon and quests.

The teambuilding was plain dreadful (Only guild or altogether random? C'mon guys, that's a joke.) and the communication horrible. Lot's of people don't know how to create channels or make group PMs, so it's difficult to coordinate the whole thing, which is essential. That whole system was not intuitive. Also, the dungeon was quite a long mission, so players just randomly dropping out was a problem, too.

The fact that rewards are randomized is fine by me, but if you RNG-lock essential rewards such as mega stones or legendaries (ridiculous!) and then give the whole thing a 6-hour cooldown on top of the whole teambuilding mess, you cannot seriously be surprised that people complain and don't like it.

Oh, and why not just add a high level of difficulty, so that newer players don't even know which way is up? Ugh.

I understand that you want to create challenges for us experienced and long-term players (I myself stand at ~8k hours and had no trouble with the quests at all, MUCH unlike some of the people I played with.), but please don't attempt to do so when it's about obtaining key stuff such as dex entries or strong battle items, make us fight for rerolls or coins or whatever, but please remember that there are always never players and quests like this one are very frustrating for them.

I would want to refer to the Dragonspiral Tower that at each floors we can meet random spawns of Pokemons. In that way even I might couldn't get to the top (which I did in and got Zekrom in this case), at least I can catch some rare Pokemons. I guess the dungeon could incorporate something, doesn't have to be random spawns. But an interim reward so that we don't feel too daunting during the process. 

The dungeon is indeed very difficult for someone who has done 8 badges from Johto as a note. I cried for the first time playing this game because of it. 

That said, the game elements in the dungeon is very unique in terms of what Pokemon games can give us. I can see the levers and trying to avoid mini-bosses makes me feel this game is trying to achieve something for the community. I would really want to see this in permanent facilities? Probability with a adjustable/ choose-able difficulty?

I loved some aspect of the event but I felt a lot of frustration for my part in this event on certain point only based on the rng and on other points on errors action of the staff team which are strongly regrettable.

1 : Spawns

I farmed 3 high tier poke with an event skin during this event intensively riolu mawile and smeargle, unfortunately after testing the different spawns it is still quite unfortunate that for these 3 pokemons the best spawns were by far spawns out of the event zone and this is the case for many high tier pokemons at this event (houndour ferroseed litwick for example).

A lot of frustration on rng 1404 riolu not a single riolu xmas we dont know the rate so i dont event know how much unlucky i am or if im really unlucky what frustrates me more.

some randoms spawns on pokemon which I could not understand why such pokemon in such spawn big up to sandile and trapinch hitmontop and family also good mention to dewdong spawn in a tree on the ground without water.

Last point about the spawn but also about the staff communication,

in the first day of the event on 2 or 3 spawns there was a question mark spawn which created a big hype for most of the players but after 1 day 2 days 3 days 1 weeks when nobody on the server succeed to see the pokemon ,without any information during this time from the staff team to finaly said at the end 1 week later there had never been a pokemon.

I find this strongly regrettable and disrespectfull towards the players who spent hours of farming for something that never existed it could have been hype if there was really a new pokemon even with a very low % there could have been the hype of who will get the pokemon first  but no just another bug without any communication from the staff for way too long time. 

2 : the management of the event

the waiting time between each part of the event was for me much too long especially the last part which arrives on January 25th 6 days before the end of the event what makes that people having however played a lot during this event if they was not available or made unavailable (big up to cosa) during this period saw them deprived of the main reward of the event the 2 new legendaries.

I understand that taking care of an event of a community game with all the possibility of delay or problem that we can meet I understand perfectly that it happens not to be able to do otherwise

3  :  Dungeon

the dungeon I personally loved the concept the cooperation on PRO in order to advance in a dungeon in team is just incredible it is really a content pve that I would like to see again because really it is what for me saved my event. 

I personally only did groups in guilds which made the experience really amazing and fun 

but I heard that in random groups the experience was often not the same,

as for the groups, I just thought it was a big problem that I couldn't make groups with friends and only with guild members. I would have liked to be able to invite a friend directly without being in the same guild, but I don't know if it's really possible but it would have been a big plus.

I really liked the point system with a leaderboard on the dungeon that gives a competitive aspect that personally hype me,

unfortunately I didn't like how the points were calculated especially if we listen to what the npc tells us 

the npc tells us to go as fast as possible and avoid as few pokemons as possible

in fact the time was too much put aside because in the real case the dungeon was easily doable in 22-23mn by avoiding any pokemon but yet this will bring back much less point than a run where we spend our time to kill again pokemon that we already killed in loop by losing voluntarily time on the timer since it is much too little impacting out I remind that the npc specifies us well to go as fast as possible they also tell us to avoid the least pokemon 
I think I dont have the same definition of the word avoid.

to make the dungeon more competitive. I would have personally cap the number of points on the pokemons for example (the numbers given are random and don't reflect the reality of the dungeon). say there are 48 spawns of pokemon in the dungeon we consider 1 pokemon = 10 points so there are 480 points on the pokemon and the score on the pokemon remains caped at 480 and the rest of the points spread over the time of the run the items used? 
It would have been more competitive and more fun to tryhard but in the current case I lost the desire to do the dungeon because I found the point system ilogical especially on the fact of killing pokemon that we have already killed to get more points because the timer is too little impacting unfortunately
for me each minute or 30seconds more should have been much more penalizing on the score and for example to prevent people to rush by avoiding all the pokemon put a malus on each dodged pokemon = x Seconds more on the timer 
once again this is only my opinion and my point of view and I thank once again the people who participated in the creation of this dungeon because it remains an incredible feature that I greatly appreciated and I would like to see this type of feature in the future.

4: Quest 

the grinch quest is a quest from 2017 i personally didn't do it in 2017 i wasn't playing at that time so it didn't bother me to do it this year while waiting for the next one but for the people who already did the quest in 2017 the beginning of the event must have seemed very long because there was nothing new for them until the dungeon appeared which didn't happen right away either.

as for the last quest with the mini tournaments and the dragospire tower i really liked each part very fun and different from usual i would have liked each part to be a bit harder but overall the race with the pansage and the passage with the electrical barrier.

I really found the concept fun, too easy for my taste but very fun the negative point would be the people who use the disconection and reconection to avoid the barriers i find it a shame to have a novelty that people can avoid via this way (like the ice slide puzzle that most players avoid by pressing escape) i find it a shame because it nerf the possibility of CS in quest design to do some really cool stuff and a bit more breainteaser but i don't think it's possible for you to change that.

I understand that the rng on the room with the last npc for lucarionite was quite frustrating I think its a problem to put the last npc in a rng room just like the light orb some people put too much try to get it, a fair drop would have been appreciated for those players with 100% drop after x attempts or x more % at every attempts.

Regarding the lore I find that the lore is unfortunately not present enough I did not feel the same message as in the movie dedicated to zekrom reshiram not enough focused on the ideals that the 2 pokemons and heroes associated with them I would have liked a story much closer to the movie than what we had here with a small reminder to kyurem reshi zek etc...

5 : Effort and reward ratio 

I found the reward of reshiram and zekrom very cool i think the players also expected to have kyurem black and white which could have added some spice in pvp ( for kyurem black white is obviously banned)

I found the ivs lock a bit too easy to get 1500 points was way too easy to get, I think that the ivs lock is a very good reward but I would have seen it more around 1800-2000 points.

regarding the rewards of the dungeon leaderboard ranking 

as much I find that the access to guild island thanks a pve content is a very good thing which misses in the game but on the other hand I find the reward excessively weak for a top 3 in the ranking of the dungeon especially if the guild has already access to guild island thanks the pvp.

Overall in conclusion 

the event could have been incredible on all the points if there was not these big problem related to the spawns (misunderstanding of certain spawns and bad quality of too many spawns lower than the spawn out of the event zone) and problems of comunication of certain information between the staff and the players (the question mark spawn the time of waiting between each part of event)
The best point of the event is the  dungeon and quest by far and if we could focus more and more certain quest and event on cooperation and well insisted on other idea of enigma based on cooperation between friends / guild / server / community that brings out the aspect mmo much too often put aside.
Again thank you to the pro staff to continue to provide us with regular events that I think requires a huge amount of work thanks again  to you to keep the community of the game active and provided in content!

Edited by Pinklax

The Pinklax Shop

Before this event, I was an avid PRO player. From July 2021-mid december '21, i would easily log in 4-8 hours a day since i have a work-from-home job that is very laid back. I remember the first event i actually participated in, the summer event of 21, which took place in september '21. I did not mind the mindless npc battles at first because it was my first event, and i even thought the quests were fun and did not involve me running around a whole lot. I really enjoyed the fact that i had access to all the rare mon spawns as well. The quests were worth doing. 

Then came halloween, that series of quest (except for the gengarite) were so poor. The experience was so frustrating, mainly because I defeated Darkrai, and received Darkrai, but that didnt mean i completed the darkrai quest lol. When i wanted to verse Horton, i found out that i had to redo the entire darkrai quest, so that i can do 1 additional step while i was in there(i forgot what it was, i think i had to defeat gengar while i was in there). But the fact that i was able to defeat darkrai in the dark realm and then complete the quest without versing gengar, which was the requirement to start the next quest was utter BS. With that being said, i did not even attempt any christmas events. The darkrai quest easily took me 3 hours the first time, and then i spent another 2 hours doing it  again because i was able to complete the quest without completing necessary requirements for the quest that followed it. 

After the summer events, i thought this was a game where i would look forward to seasonal events, but nowadays i can care less; i dont care about doing bosses or pvp as much either. I think it is worth it to test your quests more so they are idiot-proof. Because i was somehow able to avoid gengar while in the dark realm the first time attempting the quest.

The only things I didn´t like about the event were that:

• Thomas was RNG based. It was nice to have a multiplayer quest but to repeat that quest multiple (in spite of winning the dungeon) times was kinda unnecessary.
  • The main event took long to start. December was wasted.

I really liked the rest of the event, especially the zekrom quest.