List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

People crying for Blissey... she's easy to handle with a good physical attacker. If any tank should be banned, that should be Suicune. That thing doesn't go down even with a +2 life orb excadrill earthquake, easily heals itself from any status condition after rest, and most of the pokes that can taunt it to avoid healing, are weak/can't stand more than 2-3 scalds.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suicune is definitely a problem in our metagame,but there is alot of ways to beat it.Any water absorber will loose to suicune due to pressure pp stalling.Then,how to beat it?

>Breloom can force it out or get rid of it

252+ Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Suicune: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 336-405 (83.1 - 100.2%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

While Suicune cant do much anyway.Maybe burn it but Breloom will still be able to 1V1 it.

>Choice specs magnezone (Scarfed just get set up on)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 414-488 (102.4 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 87-103 (25.5 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. +2 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 206-246 (50.9 - 60.8%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even with 2 calm mind up,it will still be a 2HKO

>Lum Berry Dragonite or Banded

Banded outrage will 2HKO Suicune and suicune really cant do anything,even ice beam wont be 2HKO with multiscale on.

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 216-255 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

> Serperior

Probably the best counter for Suicune,if you really struggle against Suicune,I suggest even putting giga drain on this mon,so you dont get pp stalled by the mon.

> Ferrothorn

While it cant kill Suicune,It can come in and leech seed,knock off,even power whip and do some amazing damage with leech seed if not burned

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 162-192 (40 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

> Slowbro,Reuniclus,Latios,Latias

Can just set up cms on Suicune and 2HKO/OHKO with a strong Psyshock

> Celebi

Celebi can just calm mind/leech seed the cune and completely beat it 1v1,and doesnt care to the burn thanks to its ability.

> Toxicroak

Can just come in with thanks to its ability and set up on suicune with Sword Dance and just beat it 1V1.

> Tentacruel

Destroys Suicune 1V1 with Haze and Acid Pray.

Then again,Suicune is an amazing Pokémon in this metagame,and we do lack of ways to beat it,meaning Switcheroo and Trick users.Also the lack of clear smog is really unfortunate.But Suicune also lacks Substitute which makes us unable to use one of the best Suicune sets.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 286-337 (70.7 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

By the way,if you cant revenge kill a Suicune when its at 20%,your team might be the problem friend.

Married to Shaymin

hQm6q6C.png

• 1 month later...
is difficult to say exactly one specific poke, the real problem is by the lack of itens like lifeorb, choice band, and choice specs, most of players make stall teams, since itens are missing and moves like substitute, encore, but if I have to say a example:

tangrowth/amongus + slowking the common regenerator combo.

blissey + snorlax(curselax): (if your fight poke is dead will be really difficult to kill they).

arcanaine (tanknaine): since most of the offensives spatk pokes need itens to be strong (I know that have good ones but I'm talking in %) most of players use ofensive atk pokes, this make arcanaine really powerful, I know that have healbell/aromateraphy but the most commons users are tanks, and this go back to the begin of stall teams.

garchomp/dragonite: i dont know if outrage is stilll bugged, however if still bugged this 2 will be really broken.

Alomomola: If someone already have this little devil, even if not epic, who knows this poke will understand me (even without protect).

I will edit more if when I remeber more right now I'm a little tired =/

I totally agree with Snorlax that you get forced to use a fighting type pokemon otherwise you can get hard punished vs a snorlax its not like its that hard op its just a fact thats pokemon just make pvp so anyoing and get alot of people tilted.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please ban all Legendary pokes from PVP just like you guys have listed on the wikipage regarding your pvp rules? It states that all Legendaries cannot be traded or used in Ranked matches.. It is unfair for players who have not put in the hours/don't have time to put in that many hours into the game but enjoy pvp.

eevo.gif.88d014eddc516ba802b8acd79ad33113.gif

Can you please ban all Legendary pokes from PVP just like you guys have listed on the wikipage regarding your pvp rules? It states that all Legendaries cannot be traded or used in Ranked matches.. It is unfair for players who have not put in the hours/don't have time to put in that many hours into the game but enjoy pvp.

So it isnt unfair for the players who have worked to get those hours and those legendaries? :thinking:

• Like 1

Married to Shaymin

hQm6q6C.png