Things that are not to be introduced in PRO

Red

1. 1.

Its not an mmo setup mainly because it kill the rarity of it, and the economy with it. Making them untradeable wont make a difference because anyone with a few pokemon with decent IV's can make a proper comp pokemon. It was discussed both internally and publically, it will never be a part of our developement process. We've done the math, it wont work. Not in the way our developers want the game to be.

No it doesn't. You didn't read my entire argument. It doesn't kill the rarity of it, it only makes the player feel more in control of their playing experience. And what's wrong with making it less tedious to get a comp Pokémon. The developers want the game to be centered around RNG from what you are telling me. That leads me to question the developers competence as well... game developers.

Pure CatchMMO with proper RNG. We expect our players to catch and raise their comps, not find a few and create a perfect one.

I don't feel like you are reading my posts. You keep saying you want players to catch not breed. Breeding isn't catching a few and creating a perfect one. In fact finding all the Pokémon you need as well as getting the items still takes a lot of time and a bit of luck. The only thing breeding does is it makes competitive more competitive. The art of competitive play isn't supposed to be based around RNG and getting lucky with finding an amazing Pokémon, but rather giving everyone an opportunity to be just as good as the next guy. With the current system competitive play is inaccessible and pointless.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

91496 Oh wow look here. I'm going to ask about breeding. Why is it not implemented and never to be implemented? Well here are the amazing answers I've gotten:

"itll break the economy"

"the devs are too lazy"

So, I may ask, why? How does breeding "break" the economy? I hope anyone realizes that breeding only makes certain Pokémon more valuable. Say for instance I caught a Pokémon with 3 perfect IVs that are all in stats that the Pokémon wants, and lets say it also has a good nature. By todays standards this Pokémon would be worth a lot, especially if the other IVs are at least usable. However, with the introduction of breeding there will of course be a higher supply of these kinds of Pokémon but there will also be a higher demand from breeders.

Okay, so you don't care? Why not just make bred Pokémon untradeable? Not only will this keep the market relatively safe but it will also encourage hunting Pokémon more. In fact, the only thing that would happen would be a greater price of Pokémon, but also a balancing in prices of Pokémon that are level 100 but just have abysmal stats.

Go ahead, shoot my post down, delete it. I'm not asking for breeding now or even soon. Actually, I'd much rather have all the bugs smoothed out before a feature like breeding is implemented. I'd rather have the game be out of Beta. I feel like if it is implemented correctly breeding will just make the game more enjoyable as an MMO. Sure socializing is a huge part, but so is competitive play. Currently competitive play boils down to searching for a Pokémon for hours to days depending on how rare it is and how lucky you are. Breeding also makes a great money sink.

If we look at PRO's competitor spam they've completely redone breeding. Not only does breeding a single perfect Pokémon cost a ludicrous amount but it also encourages trading by getting rid of the parent Pokémon. If PRO took an approach like this I don't see why it would be as much of an issue as people make it out to be. Unless the devs really are too lazy to implement breeding. I can't blame them though, programming is exhausting and time consuming so I can see why they would be against implementing it.

Thanks for reading down my post, feel free to explain to me why I'm an idiot for thinking breeding should be implemented.

there are a few reasons why it wont be introduced:

as already stated it will kill the rarity of certain pokes if they can be reproduced infinitely

this game uses an mmo approach, grinding for nice loot (catching good iv pokemon) is much more mmo like in contrast to breeding

damage to the economy, breeding makes it easier to get certain comps as you for example will have infinite attemps to get a good bulbasaur, while catching it will take much longer

this has been discussed thousand times now and it wont help discussing it further, this game will introduce no breeding and majority is fine wiht it, that was already introduced by the makers of the game before it was even launched. if you dont like it you may prefer other pokemon games. the introduction of breeding already killed several other pokemon games that were great before breeding was introduced

And I'll keep on discussing it. Every single person keeps referring to the "mmo approach". That isn't an excuse, in fact breeding is very comparable to a lot of other MMOs. One that I know very well is Maplestory. In Maplestory people use scrolls and Miracle Cubes to increase their equipment's stats and other effects at the risk of possibly destroying their equipment depending on what items they use. As I said before too, you can make it so after breeding you lose the parents so you can still maintain the rarity of certain Pokémon.

I think breeding will just remove the fun out of the game, it will remove the thrill of the hunt, it will make the veterans more op than they already are, Pokemon rarity will lose meaning, it will make players overplay themselves to exhaustion searching for the perfect rare iv nature ability and then try to perfect it by breeding and will just stop completely and start to lose interest in the game and player count will drop, the thing that is keeping players coming back is the thrill of the hunt.

And I'll keep on discussing it. Every single person keeps referring to the "mmo approach". That isn't an excuse, in fact breeding is very comparable to a lot of other MMOs. One that I know very well is Maplestory. In Maplestory people use scrolls and Miracle Cubes to increase their equipment's stats and other effects at the risk of possibly destroying their equipment depending on what items they use. As I said before too, you can make it so after breeding you lose the parents so you can still maintain the rarity of certain Pokémon.

But breeding decreases the fun in hunting/grinding the exact mon with required nature/ivs.

I mean pick up 2 parents go make them breed and gg a new pokemon is formed with the ivs/nat u wanted. Where's the effort in hunting then? Welp directly, low game time and less chance of getting shiny from wild.

As for me, why MMO's should not have breeding especially pokemon cuz, mmo refers to massive multiplayer online game.. which also depicts

Many players = Many pokemons = Many kinda nature and ivs.

The concept should be based upon that, as many players are playing there's a good chance of getting a certain pokemon with required nature/iv. Yep, thousands of players grinding for a perfect pokemon and later on they sell to a good buyer. While, on the other hand in breeding you get a pokemon with a easy method, which will directly result in 100's of Perfect pokemons in game. Soon, players will have good pokes.. everyone of them, the time spent on getting a pokemon will be low (game time), the chances of getting a shiny low too (cuz of a reliable method called BREEDING) = no more crazy hunts.

Welp, good things are said to be sold at higher price < What if all of them are perfect? a decent price range. Breeding sure will make competitive but will result in building up too much money for some players.

What u said was, Loosing parents after breeding?

It's not a way out, how much time you think will it take to catch another good pokemon and breed it? Far as i see, each day there's a lot of Good iv pokemons in trade, ppl can buy them and breed for a much better one...

Pokemon A and B breeds = New perfect poke C is formed = Both A and B will vanish... New D and E breeds = New F is formed = Both D and E will vanish. and this will continue till AAABBB infinite.

This method might lower the number of breeded pokemons by 3/4th but still it ain't different than normal breeding.

And i do not support breed. Thanks

8tdrGli.png

••MY GUIDES••

Bag_Macho_Brace_Sprite.png[glow=red]EV Training Hot Spots[/glow]

244.png[glow=red]How to get Legendary Dogs[/glow]

Shiny collector and Proud Member of BlaZe~

<i></i>

91524 And I'll keep on discussing it. Every single person keeps referring to the "mmo approach". That isn't an excuse, in fact breeding is very comparable to a lot of other MMOs. One that I know very well is Maplestory. In Maplestory people use scrolls and Miracle Cubes to increase their equipment's stats and other effects at the risk of possibly destroying their equipment depending on what items they use. As I said before too, you can make it so after breeding you lose the parents so you can still maintain the rarity of certain Pokémon.

implying its an "excuse". it was a decision to not implement it , if you dont like it player other games. you cant match everyones taste, some like breeding, some dont. another pokemon online mmo used the approach you mentioned and it was also not received very well. This game was made for people who dont like breeding, thats not an excuse, just how it is.

91524 And I'll keep on discussing it. Every single person keeps referring to the "mmo approach". That isn't an excuse, in fact breeding is very comparable to a lot of other MMOs. One that I know very well is Maplestory. In Maplestory people use scrolls and Miracle Cubes to increase their equipment's stats and other effects at the risk of possibly destroying their equipment depending on what items they use. As I said before too, you can make it so after breeding you lose the parents so you can still maintain the rarity of certain Pokémon.

One thing I don't think has been mentioned yet: Lack of breeding also keeps everyone on the same level.

In an MMO with breeding, like a certain other Pokemon MMO, the gap between veteran players and newer players is really huge, due to breeding.

Veterans easily have OP well-bred Pokemon, while newer players cannot compete because they don't have such thing.

Furthermore, older players would only accept well-bred 5IV-6IV Pokemon, meaning newer players would have more trouble in keeping up with the game, since their "less than perfect 5IV with no egg move" Pokemon cannot be sold because they worth nothing.

A lack of breeding means everyone don't have access to the OP stuff easily, meaning everyone is on the same level.

And, as mentioned, it keeps rare Pokemon remains rare, and thus remains valuable. Eventually no one will bother hunting a rare Pokemon if they can just easily get a breed reject from someone else who is spreading tons of their rare Pokemon's breed reject. And said breed reject will most likely have better IVs too, therefore reducing the value of it since there's a ton of it. In the end, nothing will be valuable as it's too easy to get a ton of it. And that destroy the economy.

You make a point about similarity to equipments in other MMO, but the truth is, valuable Pokemon is not like highly upgraded/enchanted equipments in other MMO at all - those equipments cannot be reproduced easily, and making a better one is even harder.

With breeding, even if the parent disappeared, breeding is guaranteed to give you an offspring, and that offspring is guaranteed to be just as good, or even better. So you still get something really good out of it, while making another highly upgraded/enchanted equipment can leave you with literally nothing, as usually the game destroy the equipment if it's unsuccessful. It's a gamble. Breeding however, is not a gamble.

A big part of Pokemon is actually the hunting part, not the breeding part. That's why the slogan is "Gotta Catch 'em all". Without hunting, the game would eventually be just a Bike Simulator 2016.

In the official games, this doesn't really happen because the game is meant to be played alone, and only played together when you need to trade or battle, and back then before Gen 4, that requires a face-to-face interaction. And even in Gen 4 and beyond, there's still the problem of the person having the Pokemon you want, might not have wi-fi access.

In an MMO however, you are constantly surrounded by many players, and therefore it is easier to get Pokemon from others.