The beginning of an official PRO supported "PvP Council" [1. FAQ]

Qeight

Hey there PvP players,

it's finally time to announce the beginning of an official PvP Council.

• What is a PvP Council?

The OU Council's purpose, ultimately, will be to guide the community and the metagame to the best of its ability. We will try our best to make decisions as transparent as possible while also providing you with the "best" (the quotation marks are extremely important) possible metagame on which to enjoy wasting as much of your personal time as possible. The most important thing I can tell you is that competitive online Pokémon is subjective, and this subjectivity is inherent in ban philosophies, metagame preferences, definitions of "broken", and many other factors. While I am certain that you will not agree with all of our decisions all of the time, I hope that the justification we provide will be enough for you to at least accept our decisions, even if you cannot agree with them entirely.

Source: Click here

• Why does PRO need a PvP Council?

Inherently PRO can not be compared to Smogon/Showdown as many things are not working, many Pokemon are not available, nor are there official tiers or different ladders. We have to work with what we got and this increasingly and over the past 3 years showed how much displeasure it brings to the community. Starting from a broken Talonflame meta to weather teams being super dominant across the board. We want to give the chances to the community to make their own fate on how PvP should be in this game.

• How and where will the PvP Council operate?

I have created a new Discord for ALL players which has selected parts for the Council to have their discussions. The council will hold discussions about the state of the metagame, vote on possible suspect tests and overall try to make the PvP scene a much more enjoyable experience.

• Why the PvP council now?

The explanation I have given Eaty to approve this Council is very simple, a PvP rework will eventually come and is one of the top spots on the Developer priority list but until then I want to have an ironed out PvP Council that can manage any challenges that a PvP rework brings with it. The goal is to be a unified team by then and be efficient and effective with our time.

• What if the PvP Council abuses their power?

We have safeguards in place to render this almost 0, we can never guarantee no abuse however council members are put under strict rules and will be routinely checked for any abuse, bribes and stuff like that.

Eaty holds executive power if he really deems necessary, we can not allow the council to go wild and start banning stuff that makes absolutely no sense. Eaty doesn't want this to be a failure nor does he want it to hurt the game and its community however he will have the final say in everything. A completely free player driven council is simply not possible, nor is anyone willing to take the risk however we try to give as much powers to the council as possible.

• The MMO side-effects from a PvP Council

A major concern when thinking about a PvP Council is the effect on the MMO side of things, such as the economy and trading.

The nature of a PvP council is whether or not we ban a Pokemon or unban it, this obviously will have an effect on certain Pokemon (see Speed Boost Blaziken).

Council members trades are checked on a regular basis so there won't be any insider trading happening.

• How can I be a part of the PvP council?

Application process will begin soon however first everything else needs to be completely ironed out, from how suspect tests will work to how we can reduce economy effects.

----------------------------------------

This post is a first information post of whats to come, as I mostly work on this project alone, it may take some more time to iron out all logistics and how we want this council to fully operate.

If you have questions, concerns, suggestions or feedback, feel free to comment it down below. I am happy to answer all questions.

Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Q8

• Like 20
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic