The beginning of an official PRO supported "PvP Council" [1. FAQ]

Qeight

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems not needed imo, and seems in the long run much more trouble than it is worth.

You have a council of members (and it sounds like two staff at least) that will most likely only consist of pvpers (I am sure ladder will be a requirement to even attempt to be on the council or else it would be flooded with applicants that simply have no reason to be there) that will discuss how and what to ban.

My issues with this are: Insider information is going to happen I am sure (of course our staff team can monitor for stuff like this but it takes time) then you also have a council of PVPers that are discussing what to ban. They are also getting an unfair advantage when it comes to ladder and ranking as they will be the first people to know "Okay, HA Blaziken is being discussed to be unbanned and is looking close to a passing vote. Let me buy a cheap one before the information comes out and also be able to have enough time to formulate a team/strategy for this "new meta"." Also, pvpers don't always take into account the trade economy. So, if they unban/ban it screws with the market and some of these choices can really impact said economy. I am hoping you can find people on your council that take both sides into account that PVP as well as are knowledgeable about the market.

Idk, I am sure in time y'all can figure out how to iron everything out, but those are my concerns.

• Like 2
dp8w1z.jpg

I can only see two ways this ends...

1. Council full of sycophants who agree with each other to the detriment of all other points of view, who work towards their idea of an optimal metagame (and probably personally benefit in the process)
  2. Council that can't agree on anything and serves as a boiling pot for drama

For everyone's sake, I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 5

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

Gonna be honest here, in my opinion this idea won't last. I see the cons outweighing the pros heavily for this particular idea. Drama, can't come to an conclusion, playerbase mad at the council for their decisions, etc. Therefor resulting in nothing but a bickering back and forth battle with no real balanced outcome. For the sake of the pvp community, I hope i'm wrong~

spacer.png

• 10 months later...