Lets talk together about Staff & Player relationship !

Shinohara

First of all, i'd like to disclose that this miscommunication or non-communication between staff and players have gone long enough, and most of you know when that started and with whom. Going back from there, the 2016 era had barely any issues with players. One of PRO's key selling points back then was and i quote "Staff are friendly, rules are fair and strict, no favoritism" this has change dramaticaly over the years, and not in a good way i'm afraid.

On 6/23/2021 at 4:54 PM, Shinohara said:

What kind of training do staff has to pass before becoming effectively a full-staff member?

I have yet to see App's or more than 60% of the remaining staff interacting with the community, casually talking or just having fun with players on a daily basis. One of the key requirements for passing App was to be able to interact with the community. What sort of procedure does app and staff follow these days on player interaction?

How does our Punishment Policy exactly works?

From the original PP that was created by myself and few other staff, rules are not being enforced strict enough or have been enforced in a more discretional way, does PP still intend as a deterrant for toxic people? If so does the goal "keep the game fair for players" still apply as a driving factor on adapting PP to situations.

How they are addressed within the staff team

What are the criterea's for a suggestion to reach staff?
A: just forums
B: some good bits here and there
-
Unfortunately i dont see many back and forth dialogs in suggestions between player and staff to help them improve their suggestions.

How is staff organized

is it? from what i can tell only content team is somewhat organized, but even within content everyone is responsible for their own things rather than working as a collective, based on dialogs with other CS's.

How do we make sure the staff are doing the right thing and not abusing their power

I think its more healthy to ask what is "abuse" at this point. Because while some of the things that can be seen as abuse on a regular basis it seems like its completely fine on a staff point of view.

As for a question of my own, how does recruitment policy works? Are there any ideas to let go of the "fill the forum" application and actually communicating with the person that might become your team mate for understanding people better. This is a fanmade game, not a job. 

EDIT: In the past, we had a policy to allow players to ask someone else handle the appeal if a player was not satisfied with the answer provided, is this still a common practice in how appeals are being handled this time around?

Edited by Orihara
  • Like 8
  • Checked/Done 1
spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Well ... my first account got banned forever because staff pretended I cheated when me and my brother play from the same network and same pc and called me a liar even when i gives him a prove and he didn't 

Note: my account have 3000 hours play and I didn't have any penalties before 

Question: what kind of democracy is is this if we can't defend on our self? 

• Like 11
  • Checked/Done 1

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, biermon12 said:

Is it allowed to ask for pictures as a staff/mod to identify someone? Like real life pictures? It happened to me and I’m still wondering if this is legal. 

Hi there @biermon12

As the situation you have experienced happened before I was Admin (and from a person that is now a Former Staff) I have went over and checked the case where the event you described happened.

You were being checked for a Real Money Trading situation and there were really strong evidences pointing toward you. The staff member, in order to help you getting out it (and not losing your account), actually had the WRONG idea to actually ask you for a photo to prove your claim (of being friends/brothers playing together).

Despite the staff had good intentions, what the Staff Member did is absolutely wrong and is something we are absolutely against and always taught to not do that (although that should be common sense).

Despite I was not an Admin back then and therefore had no management power, I do give you our most sincere apologies regarding the event you have experienced with a promise to do my best in order to make sure that was the first and last time something like that will happen.

- Keita

• Like 5

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

I feel like the best way to actually communicate with the staff team about the game is the Suggestions Subforum (or at least it should be) but Suggestions almost never get answered or only get a 1 sentence answer. I know the staff team and esspecially the developers are insanly busy but some Suggestions still deserve a proper answer. We are told to always voice our opinions and make suggestions but if they never get answered in a proper way it just does not feel right. I have been told multiple times that all suggestions are being read but there is no time to give proper answers most of the time. While I can understand that to a certain extend I think there needs to be a better solution for that.

For example there could be a monthly stream where suggestions are being looked into and discussed. If that is not possible because of some reasons maybe it would be possible to discuss about some suggetions within the staff team and then give a decent answer to the Suggestion Thread.

If there are other reasons why suggestions rarely get answered please share these reasons with us so we can understand it.

• Like 11

I noticed some staff are very quick to ban, sometimes with no warning, but take ages to handle appeals. Why? I would like to suggest that, if you are gonna ban someone, why not make sure to be around to handle the appeal in the same day? Or at least before the temporary ban ends, preferable within a week after banning. PRO have lots of mods, it doesn't seem to be an impossible request.

Another question: Why can't I request another mod to handle my appeals if I don't trust the one doing so? I noticed poor behaviour from one of the staff and wish not to have this staff handling my appeal. And I requested that, he closed the appeal. Lemme know if you want me to name them.

Also, why are staff allowed to call players "idiot" or taunt them? I saw Teerav quoting something said by a staff, and he was taunted and called stupid for that. They also avoided talking about the relevant subject Teerav quoted. Other staff ganked in to defend the staff. Pretty immature behaviour. Was something done about it? Or is it just allowed? Lemme know if you want screenshots.

If the majority of the players do not appreciate how a staff is treating us or handling situations, will something be done about it? Or are we going to be ignored? Will this thread be another one of those to let players express themselves but nothing will be done about it? Please, lemme know before keep investing time in this game.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 16
sign2.png

56 minutes ago, MaitrePoulpe said:

It looks like sometimes, a certain staff member feels obliged to insult or to reply in a condescending way to players. Without targetting him/her, I would like to know why you hired him/her again and why he/she isn't fired.

12 minutes ago, Belzebel said:

Another question: Why can't I request another mod to handle my appeals if I don't trust the one doing so? I noticed poor behaviour from one of the staff and wish not to have this staff handling my appeal. And I requested that, he closed the appeal. Lemme know if you want me to name them.

This is what I was going to bring up as well, I'm fairly sure we may be thinking of the same staff member. I've seen screenshots of him being disrespectful and rude to both active and banned players (falsely banned or otherwise.) Talking down to them, mocking them, making jabs at them. Far be it from me to tell you guys how to control your staff, but I've administrated a lot of forums in my time and that dude would have been gone long ago. Every single person here deserves to be treated with respect until they've proven extremely undeserving of it, this particular staff member seems unwilling to do that.

I have a feeling we don't even need to name that staff member, from the few staff members I have spoken to he's a known issue among you guys... Yet he's still here? I know a lot of you guys are great and care about the game and it's community, but staff members like that are giving you a very bad name among the playerbase. 

Edited by UnionJess
  • Like 7

Based take for everyone thinking to respond or this might get deleted before you read it, this is a fan made pokemon game not a democracy. Your vote doesn't matter and your opinion doesn't either. You can't change someone's online presence by complaining or reacting negatively. I get its 2021 but that's your based take from me. 

• Like 4
  • Checked/Done 1