Lets talk together about Staff & Player relationship !

Shinohara

• Administrator
On 6/24/2021 at 11:53 PM, Nyong said:

why does it take a long time for some players to respond and for others it doesn't? how does the filter work?

Hi there @Nyong

Your question lack of context, so I am not really sure about how to address that.

I will in any case assume you are talking about appeals, as that's where the threads gets the longest to be replied in some situation. Please, make sure to correct me if you meant something different.

The answer is here simply that the time necessary for an appeal to be answered is based on the kind of punishment the user received and in general the situation the user found himself (intentionally or not).

I will make you two examples in order to make it easier:

1. Example one: PlayerA starts to insult PlayerB telling them "You are a fucking retarded idiot". Staff intervened
    • The situation in this case is really clear, there's not much to think about cause the infraction is evident and there is not really a need for big investigation if not small one (e.g check chat log to see further recent, and not reported, behaviour OR previous punishment history/connections).
      Therefore, what staff will do is simply issue a punishment. This punishment is generally a Quiet Ban that mute the user from all the game chats for X days, unless user got many punishments already and therefore goes to the next step directly that is either a temporary ban from the whole game or a permanent one.

When the banned user will appeal the ban, it will be really fast for the simple reason that everything is already clear and honestly even easy to handle. What staff will check in the appeal is simply if the user understood why he got punished, if he regret it and understood from it. If appeal is successful, the ban will be reduced (not removed entirely unless first infraction), exception made when you have reached your 8th punishment when at that point there is just no way to get unbanned.

2. Example two: PlayerA starts to sell their account goods in change of real-life money (EUR/USD just to give an example). He sells 500.000 pokedollars and 9 pokemon to 10 different users.
    • Yes, what just described looks incredibly messed up, however that's how 95% of the RMT cases are.
      In this case what we do in the first place is banning all the seller accounts (obviously) and then start to check all his trade logs of all his accounts from A to Z (even past one that might be 1 year before the RMT happened) to find every single user he sold the items to, and the trades that looks suspicious and investigate them.

Now that we handled the seller, it's time for the buyers. Who bought from PlayerA(seller) is potentially involved in other RMTs, we cannot know until we find. So GM will go and check all the trade logs of the buyers cause maybe the buyer decided to move the bought goods on his alt accounts to hide them.
      Now lets suppose that the buyer has 3 accounts, this means that GM will have to go and check all the trades and connections in those 3 accounts where maybe the user did hundred trades in his game-life.
      Multiply that for the 10 different buyers and each buyer has 2-3 accounts (even if, as staff, most of the rmters have even more than 3-4), this means you will have to check all the trades and connections of 25-35 accounts (seller included).

In the end, during the appeal, the user will be asked to be honest and cooperative and we will have to verify everything he says with the data we obtained. We are pretty kind during appeals, to my opinion, to the point where people deny even speedhacking despite they do that in front of other 50 players and get reported by 10 of them but we still give them more chances to be honest so we can offer them another chance.

You can understand from here that from a simple infraction like "You are a fucking retarded idiot" committed on a single account TO a RMT case (a single one) where you have to check 30 and more accounts, the different is as huge as the mount everest.
      Few months ago, our GMs found a mass RMTer group that had sold more than 800 millions pokedolalrs in total and the account to check were more than 155.

In the end, not less important, is that Staff Members are volunteers (not paid) and therefore are active for their duties only during their free time. However, to clarify, this doesn't mean they can do whatever they want and be online whenever they want, as we have strict standards when it comes to staff activity that we want staff to follow. This cause even if you are a volunteer that doesn't mean you have to put/have less efficiency, organization and professionalism than any other job since no one forced staff members to join staff but they decided to volunteer themselves.

I hope this make it clear why some appeal are replied before than others.

Please, let me know if you meant anything else or if there is any part of it that is unclear !

• Like 2

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

Why did my post get deleted? This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Astrella. Astrella is not an event and has nothing to do with "This is a space I am offering in order to improve the staff-player relation."

I get it, mini-modding is not allowed, but come on, how is telling someone that doesn't belong here mini-modding?

But since we are at the topic, I'll throw my cents in.

What I noticed over my time playing is, the language barrier. Mods who don't speak english that well, tend to freak out over the smallest things. For example I allegedly used the word "prick" in all chat. I got mute banned for that. I had to ask 3-4 times before I even got evidence and the picture that was posted didn't work.
What is worse though, is that CONTEXT gets completely neglected. The context was, somebody got ripped off and I allegedly called the scammer "What a prick". I was being treated like I spit on someone, which is very weird.

I also have the feeling that once you broke the rules, you will always be black-balled no matter what. You get treated like scum and every little thing gets blown out of proportion.

Edited by 666G0D999

I do not know what the issue that is being discussed here, but I do know that the staff work hard for creating such a beautiful game and a decent atmosphere, and I wholeheartedly appreciate it, and since I don't know the issue I can't talk much, but I ask for both parties, everyone deserves a second chance,don't they? Forgive and forget... "This is the way"-star Wars reference.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Belzebel said:

Another question: Why can't I request another mod to handle my appeals if I don't trust the one doing so? I noticed poor behaviour from one of the staff and wish not to have this staff handling my appeal. And I requested that, he closed the appeal. Lemme know if you want me to name them.

Also, why are staff allowed to call players "idiot" or taunt them? I saw Teerav quoting something said by a staff, and he was taunted and called stupid for that. They also avoided talking about the relevant subject Teerav quoted. Other staff ganked in to defend the staff. Pretty immature behaviour. Was something done about it? Or is it just allowed? Lemme know if you want screenshots.

If the majority of the players do not appreciate how a staff is treating us or handling situations, will something be done about it? Or are we going to be ignored? Will this thread be another one of those to let players express themselves but nothing will be done about it? Please, lemme know before keep investing time in this game.

Thank you for your time.

this is so funny, the bel neither said the name and I'm sure most already know who it is. not to mention the offenses that occur in official and unofficial discord of the pro coming from some members of the staff, however when it is the player, they make a point of calling you in the pm threatening you

Well I've noticed that lately there are too many complaints about community being treated in a "shitty" way and I agree on that. 

Being treated like that will not help the game but it will have the complete opposed effect, resulting in people quitting it. 
When I raged in PRO discord about the state of the servers I got treated kinda well by most of the staff there (to be fair with everyone), then there is one staff member (who works hard and we all know that) who couldn't resist the temptation to taunt us (I consider me particularly) by posting an announcement stating that if we are tilted from PvP (which wasn't the case) or just bored, we can help staff members to improve the translation to Russian and other languages of forums. Well, when many don't consider it as an offense, I took it personally and brought it up to many players who agreed that this particular staff member is really rude to constructive criticism (My case wasn't so constructive, but gave some ideas in Discord, not in forums for obvious reasons stated in other comments). 

As I said before, a game is nothing without its community and when you treat this community badly, don't expect them to stick to the game.
PEACE ☮️

Edited by Rednaks
  • Like 3

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Madtrainer said:

Not sure it is the more usefull question.

I heard on my guild discord that we wont have a summer event this year. 

Someone told me that they were eh, in kind of ''strike''.

Is that true and if so why?

Will we still get other events in the future?

Ehi there @Madtrainer

I am unsure about who told you that there won't be a Summer Event this year, but that's wrong!

Our content team is working on a Summer Event, like every other year. We will announce to community when it will be released !

As for other events during the year, there will always be new one and I doubt PRO will ever stop to create new content.

I cannot reveal you anything, but the biggest one of the year should be during the Christmas period so keep yourself ready !

- Keita

• Like 1

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

In my opinion about between staffs and myself, i have no problem about what they would do anything in pro, or in discord. as long as their job always do within good reason, so that other players can worry about their own game career in pro. but the only problem were somewhere very less time ago, that this tm and tutor were moved to new locations and i was going to prepare to start collecting them from their previous gyms, so that i would had gave them away to the people who needed much more than i do. I'm talking about thunderbolts, flamethrowers and ice beams tms. And their price were raised to expensived. 

but i guess i think that what staff named was i don't remember its name, did what was right to pro community and made sense that thunderbolt, flamethrower and ice beam tms were strong moves and their prices should be expensived. 

now as far as what i like to say about community and pro game, i throw great thumb up and say these few words: thank you for keeping pro in good condition, keep up your good work. Regarding: Finlandguy 

Spoiler

Discord_2021-06-21_05-39-16.png.b7e301d5d3d132c66900863b4540d621.pngDiscord_2021-06-21_05-38-14.png.c3cf2f57f23c916a5d46cf8531c2956f.pngDiscord_2021-06-24_18-43-58.png.574743c2b074c2dd9cd8a77a7d473f69.png

Edit: I made a mistake and didnt put the context in the above pictures. Im sorry for that, because apparently its ok as pro staffer to insult people and use bad language if they post 'stupid' stuff. If you want the full context, please search this stuff in the pro discord and only then make yoursef a opinion on it.

Discord_2021-06-24_20-22-06.png.7b74716ad742dcfc710491acf0fc7882.png

No idea why many people dont like staff, abselutely no idea. Sadly the impact of a few loud have also impact of all other staffs, the generalization happens pretty fast. Its smt natural in a humans brain. Imagine you are new to the game and this is the first impression of staff.
I only have screens from him because its current, the most obvious and I didnt had to search long. But there are also other staffs which lost their good tone a couple of times.
Its obvious that there are many players much worse than that, but as staffer you should always have a bit proffesionalism - no matter if they talk with someone who does the same. I also read many appeals from my friends, because their english is not so well for example. And its crazy how unfriendly and snootily staffs answere there (but also not only there) sometimes. They missunderstand stuff and dont even say sorry afterwards for example.

Its not a crime to say that you are wrong in some points - some staff members completely refuse to do that sometimes.

Spoiler

firefox_2021-06-24_18-50-55.png.abd31ef242ac60cd44f02b04994b66bc.png

Ofc many people dont trust staff about game content announcements, even when many additions are good, they often getting not as much appreciated because they got announced to be published long times ago or with the publishing the server starts crashing much more often.

Corsi island is also a example. PRO summer tour 2020. I advise anyone new to not expect much from changes, and that no eta defenitely doesnt has to mean 'soon'.
Exclude the totally disgusting server crashes, the game actually makes fun and is cool content wise, but with all those impressions its hard to believe myself.

There is a bit more but in the end it sums up in those 2 main points.

So, for me its no wonder that players (at least for many that I know including myself) dont really trust many staffers and I cant disagree that some staff members act like ... not staff members to word it kindly, which has impact how you see the whole team.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

Hello keita and friends
First my english is not good so sorry if it confuses you.
There is one problem that makes me wonder: once I hunted pokemon on the event valenatine event map, the server lag sent me flying into the clouds (I don't use other software) and I got banned.
Although I was spared but I lost 1 time unbanned. Next time if that happens I will be banned forever. So, next time if this happens, who can I contact to help me?? And how to contact??
Thank you very much.