System message for rare shiny

Aditya118

Actually I was inspired for this by "the ded chat" + "chat after a rare shiny is linked" and that's how the idea came and yea the pokemon planet or one of it's developer created an account here and suggested about it here bruv :v , still it doesn't change the fact that I'm the first one to suggest about this suggestion here.

Like I'm always up for this to be implement but this reply made me concerned and he is supporting that announcement now:

On 4/28/2022 at 3:06 AM, Eaty said:

Hello, we do not plan to implement a system message for rare shiny or form encounters.

This will only annoy other users. May it be for the potential PM spam or the chat spam - regardless of the message.

It shows if a mod suggests it, you agree with it but if a normal player suggest it, you have high chance of denial.

Edited by Aditya118
  • Like 1

• Developer
5 hours ago, Aditya118 said:

I was inspired for this by "the ded chat" + "chat after a rare shiny is linked."

doubt_small.jpg

This feature has existed in multiple other pokemon online games for many years already. It's not even a remotely new idea.

But that really doesn't matter. This is a fruitless argument.

doesn't change the fact that I'm the first one to suggest about this suggestion

I am not trying to deny that. If this fact has importance to you that is completely fine. I just personally don't assign it much relevance.

It shows if a mod suggests it, you agree with it but if a normal player suggest it, you have high chance of denial.

This is the crux of the misunderstanding and the source of your anger I believe.

In my initial rejection I very clearly communicated my reasons for why the idea was rejected at the time.

This was not related to who made the suggestion or what status the person had. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to come up with data that supports such a claim.

But what is even more important here is the reasoning behind this accusation of nepotism.

It seems you have the impression that the vote was a proposal by Shinohara and I accepted it because of that.

That is not at all what happened.

People recently brought the idea to me in droves long before the voting thread was created. (A certain other pokemon game that has this feature and recently gained some traction might have been one of the reasons for this.)

I still was of the opinion that the potential downsides of such a feature might be too big but I discussed it and arrived at a solution that takes care of the two biggest worries I had about such a feature. Namely, chat spam, and exposing people to harassment over rare shinies.

To get a feel of how the community thinks about this I asked Shinohara to create a Vote and even heavily editorialized his initial draft myself to remove bias from the proposal before he posted it.

At this point we were still in the information gathering phase and no decisions had been made. But after the vote so heavily favored the feature even though many didn't even realize that I included solutions to the two most expressed worries, I agreed to implement the feature.

There is no favoritism going on here and neither am I trying to snub you.

I didn't reject the initial proposal because you are not part of the staff.

I have decided against the feature in the past, the circumstances surrounding my initial decision have changed in the meantime, and so I have reconsidered and ultimately decided to give it another chance.

And the reception the second time around is much more positive than the reception was back when you initially suggested it.

Shinohara was one of the advocates of the feature so I gave him the task of creating a vote because that is one of the many tasks he does in his staff role.

I hope you understand better now how we as a team arrived at this decision.

• Like 5

If you just said: 

3 hours ago, Eaty said:

I have decided against the feature in the past, the circumstances surrounding my initial decision have changed in the meantime, and so I have reconsidered and ultimately decided to give it another chance.

And the reception the second time around is much more positive than the reception was back when you initially suggested it.

Shinohara was one of the advocates of the feature so I gave him the task of creating a vote.

I think there wasn't that much need of that long reply, you could have created in short instead as I didn't had the access to the information you and other staffs have about like you guys getting more positive comments about it, or whatever conversation you all staffs have in-between,etc. And also about the idea, i didn't knew about it that other poke games also has this feature until Iceflake replied about it. Also, sorry Shinohara, I didn't mean to fight with you but i really didn't stole the idea tho🙏IMG_20230414_180540.jpg.4901e401c8c20d0e4fb9e27cca82c8ce.jpgIMG_20230414_180506.jpg.ec86e45c333018d7e703723504dd97dc.jpg

Anyways, TYSM for clearing my concerns!

Edited by Aditya118

To be honest it not really good idea, just example someone noob with 50 hr play hour got rare shiny like charmander or zorua, just saying the default setting is anonymus so other people impossible to know if this noob got a shiny, but because the anouncement *yo bro someone just got shiny charmander* at game chat. People specially scammer and we know who will spam in trade chat *wtb shiny charmander/zorua pay well 1m*. Imagine you noob and only have 50hr seeing 1m offer when you barely buy hyper potion. And next minute this scammer make auction *wts s charmander 60m*, ill insta uninstal this game if i were this noob

• Like 1

___________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpeg.e982d2b7e278b3b1d88369a70572e0d1.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________