Ranked PvP Rules.

Shinohara

Guest SugarRed9
246656 i think move Roar should be banned , what will you do if competitor use roar ?

If Roar was banned everyone would spam Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot much easier, which could mess up balance. Roar users always move last, as a rule, so you can counter with any of your moves. Keep hitting until the Roar user drops or use Taunt, Leech Seed, status, anything to give it a hard time.

after using steal rock , spikes . they use roar continuously

what will you do

The roar user moves last so try to take them out before the roar, or disable them with paralysis or sleep.

246656 i think move Roar should be banned , what will you do if competitor use roar ?

If Roar was banned everyone would spam Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot much easier, which could mess up balance. Roar users always move last, as a rule, so you can counter with any of your moves. Keep hitting until the Roar user drops or use Taunt, Leech Seed, status, anything to give it a hard time.

after using steal rock , spikes . they use roar continuously

what will you do

Yeah its super annoying strategy, i agree. Roar/whirlwind has a prio of -6 so it always goes last as SugarRed correctly already said. So u can act before it comes. If u predict the roar, dont switch out and attack.

Best way to get rid of this is having a spinner/defogger in your team. Or try to not let them stack the spikes/rocks up for free.

200311 August 23, 2016

- Fixed Dragonite with Outrage (priority after first usage)

:Heart:

A reminder of all the bannable things:

200311 1. OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold) are disallowed in Ranked ladder.

2. Same two Pokemon should not be in same team if not followed, will lead to ban in Ranked ladder.

3. Use of bugged moves and not coded moves which can be abused in PvP will lead to ban in Ranked ladder.

4. Sleep Clause: Only one Pokemon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

5. Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset. Using evasion moves or accuracy reduction moves is forbiden.

6. This Pokemon is banned in ranked, you can check it here: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=33054 .

7. Time stalling is forbidden.

200311 Last Resort (doesn't have a restriction of being used)

200311 Razor wind (no charge up round)

Belch (without eat berry this move still can be used)

Contrary

Stockpile (can be used more than 3 times)

200311 5. Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset. Using evasion moves or accuracy reduction moves is forbiden.

Does that include Defog? :D:

My reaction when people ask me if I'm the Barney from "Barney & Friends"

247224And now to the "old arguments".

Is it fair for players who waste a lot of time to get a speed boost torchic?

Is it fair for players to face an extremely broken pokemon ? The argument of rarity isn't one, you can't go hunt for a Uber poke and then complain because it is/will get banned.

247224Tiers in smogon are based on the %-usage of a pokemon.

This is valid for all the tiers, expect LC and Uber (maybe other ones but those are the most used).

And uber ban are voted by majority (60%+ not just 50%)

247136 but in my opinion u can counter it.

Why even discuss if this stupid argument come everytime (don't misunderstood me, i'm not insulting you).

Of course every poke can be countered (well expect mega rayquaza but even him can be (sometimes) killed), but that doesn't mean they aren't OP, Mewtwo can be countered, but everyone here will agree that mewtwo is stupidly OP and should never be allowed here, same goes for other pokemons like h.a gothi or h.a blaziken.

247872 Is it fair for players to face an extremely broken pokemon ? The argument of rarity isn't one, you can't go hunt for a Uber poke and then complain because it is/will get banned.

But why make it available for us in first place? Why let us hunt it and ban it afterwards? Forever! To look at it? Why not deleting the h.a.? Where do u begin, where do u stop? Regen is pretty broken right now compared to other stuff, so letz delete this too. Or SandStream. Super good combo in pvp. Letz ban this. I mean delete.*

Well i hope u see what i mean. Why is blaziken speed boost or gothitelle shadow tag stronger than a slowbro/chansey/skarmory-Core or a tyranitar/exca core? Im really interested in that, what u think?

And yes in my opinion rarity is an argument. It makes pvp versatile. If its super hard to get one, not everyone has it. For gothitelle and blaziken are moves/items missing which are essential for their sets. So would the comittee still say they are uber without that stuff? Choice scarf, life orb, trick, protect, etc pp.

247872 This is valid for all the tiers, expect LC and Uber (maybe other ones but those are the most used).

And uber ban are voted by majority (60%+ not just 50%)

Yep, thats true! Afaik ths majority comes from a base of selected players. Not everyone can vote. But correct me if im wrong. xd

Why even discuss if this stupid argument come everytime (don't misunderstood me, i'm not insulting you).

Of course every poke can be countered (well expect mega rayquaza but even him can be (sometimes) killed), but that doesn't mean they aren't OP, Mewtwo can be countered, but everyone here will agree that mewtwo is stupidly OP and should never be allowed here, same goes for other pokemons like h.a gothi or h.a blaziken.

Dont worry, i dont feel insulted. :Angel: We are just discussing. :)

Well it wasnt more of an argument. I just say this cause ppl sometimes sound here like this pokemon would be unbeatable. Whats not the case. Yeah right mewtwo is stupidly op. I mean everyone would use their legendaries in pvp, that wouldnt make pvp very versatile. Rip Butterflies.

And no, not same goes for pokes like gothitelle h.a. or blaziken h.a., as explained above.

But tell me pls, why here in PRO(now) are gothitelle h.a. or blaziken h.a. stupidly op? And Regen-Cores, sand-teams arent that good? Im still super interested in your opinion. Thx. :)

Guest SugarRed9

247136 but in my opinion u can counter it.

If you have stealth rock down, Gothielle at the most can kill one pokemon. Because the next time it switches in it will be even more worn down and the pokemon you have should be able to one hit it because with out calm mind stacks it doesn't do much. Alternatively if your tank pokemon has roar/whirlwind you can force gothielle to switch (displacement) and gothielle will lose all calm mind stacks upon being forced to switch. The same strategy applies to speed boost blaziken.

Also please stop holding these pokemon to smogon/showdown standards. This is pro. The movesets aren't complete and we are missing items so you have to be creative. You just have to think outside the box to beat these "op" pokemon.