Ranked PvP Rules.

Shinohara

200406 Move/ Ability/ Item Name: Outrage

Explanation (Bugged/ Not Yet Coded): Bugged

Description of Bug/ Not Code: (beside Priority) Outrage can hit sometimes up to 4 times.

How it should be: 3 times max.

Evidence (video/ others): Sadly, I have no evidences but I am TOTALLY sure this can happen. In my case my Dragonite hit 4 times with Outrage in two battles (no Ranked) one of them vs. boss Deathwing. I used x6 Dragon Dances and I beat 4/6 Pokémon with one Outrage... SURE, because I always equip Dragonite with Lum Berry and he used the berry (for confusion) in the 5th Pokémon, I was like... "What? 4 Outrages?"

200406 Move/ Ability/ Item Name: Outrage

Explanation (Bugged/ Not Yet Coded): Bugged

Description of Bug/ Not Code: (beside Priority) Outrage can hit sometimes up to 4 times.

How it should be: 3 times max.

Evidence (video/ others): Sadly, I have no evidences but I am TOTALLY sure this can happen. In my case my Dragonite hit 4 times with Outrage in two battles (no Ranked) one of them vs. boss Deathwing. I used x6 Dragon Dances and I beat 4/6 Pokémon with one Outrage... SURE, because I always equip Dragonite with Lum Berry and he used the berry (for confusion) in the 5th Pokémon, I was like... "What? 4 Outrages?"

ya, outrage priority seems still bugged, Outrage outspeed my iceshard twice in PvP

One thing should be noticed about sleep clause: Since Natural Cure in PRO currently activate when the pokemon switch-in again (not when it was switch-out), and there're no announcement msg when the ability activate.

So when I put a pokemon with potential to carry NC (say Blissey, Starmie.. and obviously they will, since this is competitive ranked) I should have the right to put another one to sleep when the NC pkm switch-out. (because they're now consider to be cured).

This to prevent some people to do negative plays like: switch-in some NC pkms to eat a spore, powder then switch-out and keep it until the end to disable us to use those sleep moves again. :Ambivalent:

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

200685 One thing should be noticed about sleep clause: Since Natural Cure in PRO currently activate when the pokemon switch-in again (not when it was switch-out), and there're no announcement msg when the ability activate.

So when I put a pokemon with potential to carry NC (say Blissey, Starmie.. and obviously they will, since this is competitive ranked) I should have the right to put another one to sleep when the NC pkm switch-out. (because they're now consider to be cured).

This to prevent some people to do negative plays like: switch-in some NC pkms to eat a spore, powder then switch-out and keep it until the end to disable us to use those sleep moves again. :Ambivalent:

Where we get to a ugly point. Not every Chansey/Starmie etc etc, has natural cure. How should u know? So if opponent puts chansey in and switch it out. How do u know its healed? U dont.

So how do we know if its cured or not? And we get banned or punished if we expect the starmie has natural cure, and then it doesnt and we put smth else to sleep?

4. Sleep clause - Only one opponent may be put to sleep at any one time

This is btw not a good explanation. If u put smogon-like clauses in, which are based on showdown fights, u have to elucidate it better.

What about snorlax put itself to sleep via rest and switches out.

So u are not allowed to put another poke of him to sleep? But yes u are according to smogon and so on....

Smogon:

Sleep Clause - You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokemon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then.

The clause basically means that if you have already put a Pokemon on your opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, you can't put another one to sleep.

A move you were "forced into" is a move you must use because all other moves (that cannot inflict sleep) are disabled (by Choice item, Encore, or some combination of Taunt, Disable, Torment, and lack of PP) and you cannot switch (due to trapping moves, trapping abilities, Ingrain, or having all other Pokemon be fainted).

A move you used includes moves called by Metronome, Sleep Talk, Assist, Me First, or Copycat. It does not include Magic Coat or Magic Bounce.

Rest, used by either player, is never counted by this clause.

The definition of this rule was debated on in a Policy Review discussion.

This rule was implemented for BW tiers following a Policy Review vote on October 30, 2010.

Dont get me wrong i think its a good idea to put sleep clause or other clauses in. But this is pro and not everyone who participates in pro-pvp knows about every clause. I still have some in my guild who asked what sleep clause even means. And im sure there are many others out there.

Where we got to another question. If u accidently put a 2nd poke to sleep and the other person records it and reports u, what exactly happens?^^ U get banned for 2 weeks for playing pro? Im just curious. xd

Farewell, just my 2 cents. ;)

As I stated, there're should be a message announce about NC activated so we know the pkms is cured (in showdown, there is). However, right now, in PRO there're none, and the pkm actually cure when it switch-in again (which is different from original games)

Also, most of pkms I listed would choose NC over their other abilities, and the competitive players always go for the best. Therefore, it's pretty safe to assume that every Blissey, Starmie.. u meet in ranked has NC (ofc, not 100%). My idea is just for avoiding negative plays (in other word, abusing the fault of the system and unclear rules to take unfair advantages)

I agree we need clauses for ranked (In fact, as I remember, I have never broken any clauses since the first day I played ranked), but we need to be clear at some points.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

It's not banned anywhere else though, shadow tag is a game mechanic, it's like asking to remove taunt or something like that x.x

Also I have a question: I'm versus this very pleasant person who's taking his full turn EVERY turn to make a move since he's losing hard and has 0 chance of winning.

Problem is I can't record 10+ minutes of battle, the upload would be too heavy and too much hard disk space/time consuming.

The name is Sabrilemarocain, can something like this be bannable? It's really annoying