Didn't make any sense a year ago, doesn't make sense now.
Ladder rewards are generous enough for their time commitment, they used to be flat 500 coins when I reached ladder in 2017, where the economy was hyper inflated by bots and got increased at some point for some reason.
There is not enough uniqueness behind the ladder rewards though.
Screw that but I can with 100% certainty say that you can blame the PvP players for that. I believe Eaty doesn't want them on the tournaments on Showdown either, any staff with a decent chunk of braincells doesn't want them on Showdown either.
You reach ladder with your Pokemon in-game by moving tournaments to Showdown it completes invalidates everything but good luck getting that into the head of those thick skulled staff members. They should be in-game, in the end you are getting rewarded in-game as well.
Showdown is only "fair" if you put Showdown and PRO on the same scale. PRO is PRO and Showdown is Showdown, they made the mistake by mixing that in the first place.
Yup, good luck getting that changed, It should.
Yes sir, why? Mostly uninspired staff, lack of support for creative staff, too much of a headache to deal with certain staff members and ah getting anything "bigger and better" for rewards through Eaty is a big no-no probably.
Holding it every month is actually the dumbest thing really. It should be every 3-4 months, only Top 25 from those months should be eligible to participate.
It makes the tournament have a higher value overall, more participants, less time crunch on matches, etc etc.
As someone who checked the Top25 ladder for over a year for boosters/cheaters, seeing the same names with a 50% win/lose ratio and 700 games in the ladder made me cringe pretty hard (hyperbole btw).
Yes but realistically no. Rank 1,2,3 should get something but not the tournament rewards (the spawned Pokemon mostly).
Tournaments should be every 3-4 months, that would result in 4 Pokemon spawned and 2 Legendary spawned from the summer tournament.
Instead of the current 12 spawned Pokemon+2 the Legendary ones.
But as I said, good luck with getting that kind of stuff through staff, it was a discussion over a year ago (the exact same topic you are bringing up)
Edit: I lied, I tried that in 2019 already lol.