Ranked PvP Rules.

Shinohara

I researched a bit into the "Item Clause" as I haven't heard of it before. From what I gathered, it's just the Species Clause for items. Personally, I don't think this is necessary and I believe the vast majority of the community would agree. The Item Clause seems to be something only seen in the VGC as I cant find any record of it being enforced on other Pokemon PvP simulators. Should such a rule be added, it wouldn't be fixing anything. More than one Pokemon with Leftovers, Choice Items or a Focus Sash, for example, doesn't seem to be an apparent issue in PvP. Feel free to discuss it though. I would like to see what people think.

for me the whole situation with teams having 3 or 4 lum berries (sometimes even 6 lum berries on a team) is kind of breaking, really annoying for wall teams because of them constantly losing turns trying to put on statuses on pokes.. it basically makes moves like toxic, will-o-wisp, sleep moves, body slam, scald etc. useless and the use of any other berry obsolete (except chesto in combination with rest).

furthermore, i believe an item clause would open up more variation in teams, seeing as people actually will need to think about where to spend items like leftovers on instead of spamming it on multiple tanks (possibly even opening up more space for poison types seeing as black sludge is a different item then leftovers)

that said, i do hope we see some more items (like rocky helmet) functioning in the game and we might have to put the fact that not all items are coded yet into consideration before we fully implement something like an item clause.

Agree that poision heal + defog Glisscor doesn't exist in smogon but there are alot of thing this game doesnt follow smogon rules like banning Unaware + Soft-Boiled.

https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue37/ou-defog

list of good defogger in ou . Latios, latias: not much ppl have this. Mandibuzz: no way i play this when foul play not coded. Mega Scizor and Zapdos doesn't exist. Skarmory: ppl like to play it as hazard setter than defogger and also there are alot magnezone and we can't see opponent team like in smogon to avoid trapping by predict switch so skarmory is never a safe pokemon to play. Mew: the only good defogger but too bad it is legendary.So why do we ban poision heal + defog Glisscor, it not a stalling strategy, It not an OP move set since there are alot good moves to consider for glisscor, so it must sacrifice 1 of those good moves to replace with defog. We are missing alot of good defogger and rapid spinner already and ppl strategy is like keep spamming hazzard to win.

I vote for unban poision heal + defog Glisscor or let us make a real voting for it.

Just because it's not in smogon's ruleset doesn't mean it'll allow you to use that pokemon online, I wish people with actual experience with ranked rules would comment on this :/

Literally going to screenshot what happens when you try using unaware+softboil clefable and defog+ hidden ability gliscor on a team.

(picture is a screenshot from showdown when you attempt to use both a softboil+unaware clefable+ and defog hidden ability gliscor).

gliscor.png

This is what happens when you try and use a move that a pokemon can't learn

illegal_move.png

I honestly can't spell it out anymore than that.

Leech seed - bugged/bannable move that should not be used in ranked PVP.

Reason: 100% accuracy (should be 90%)

Leech Seed has been removed from ban list pending further investigation. The move has not yet been fixed - however will not be bannable at this point in time. Please do not discuss this further until a final decision has been made.

This also means that it is now allowed in the Tournament again also.

Like daeon said, this move is not fixed, Im sure that it still not fixed because it can easily to test and there are no confirm about it to let ppl know. Why this is not in bugged move list so we can make further discussion about it.

tumblr_oj5uymOzty1qkz08qo1_500.gif

My PvP channel: Link Pink_Scizor.png

Poison Heal Gliscor + Defog - illegal in original game

OP? no

The reasoning of the vote should be only asking whether it is OP or not.

Yo mate, are you high? :devil:

Gliscor, Poison Heal + Defog is OPOPOP why u think almost everyone was running it, and now thats is banned many people is struggling to find a good spinner/deffoger

:Cool:

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

October 11th, 2017

- Added Unaware to Bugged Moves/ Abilities/ Items - Bannable.

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I would not ask this, but the Unaware ability was banned... I do not use any Pokémon with this ability on my official team, but I would like to use it soon.

Unaware is allowed in Smogon/VGC OU6GEN/7GEN rules, and as PRO's PvP is based on the 6gen, it did not have to be banned. But okay, I should just accept that.

So I must propose something new to be banned in Ranked PvP, and I will be quoting the reason for ban.

. Blaziken (Speed Boost): For those who do not know, Blaziken with "Speed Boost" is above the OverUsed [OU6GEN/7GEN] category. It is included in the [uber] category. And as the ability came into play, the Pokémon should be banned from the ranked pvp.

Smogon 6GEN Uber tier list: https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/uber/

Smogon 7GEN Uber tier list: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/uber/

. Arena Trap is an ability that is currently banned in OU metagame, but this ability was only banned at 7GEN. At 6GEN, this ability was only in suspect test. I do not know if it should be banned in PvP, this is the STAFF decision.

Smogon OU7GEN Rules + Banned Abilities: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/ou/

Thank You!

I would like to add:

Blaziken with Speed Boost is very strong, but have some hard counter: specially Talonflame used at 25-30%.

Dugtrio with Arena Trap is ban on G7 because his Base ATK was upped to 100. On G6, his Base ATK is still 80.

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9