Ranked PvP Rules.

Shinohara

[mention]Shuldbdoinhw[/mention] those are not "bugged" also a little reminder; "logic" and "PRO" doesn't fit well

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Not banning an ability just because it's not bugged isn't really a valid reason, like the rule clearly states any move that causes a shift in accuracy or evasion, abilities shouldn't be treated different than moves.

I honestly can't find comprehend a reasonable reason to not ban those abilities outside of "customer satisfaction" for the players that already invested time into pokemon with those abilities but the whole purpose of banning those abilities in any competitive play was the evasion clause

[mention]bladermagician[/mention] given that logic and PRO don't fly together, don't expect anything we have mentioned to be banned.

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

I researched a bit into the "Item Clause" as I haven't heard of it before. From what I gathered, it's just the Species Clause for items. Personally, I don't think this is necessary and I believe the vast majority of the community would agree. The Item Clause seems to be something only seen in the VGC as I cant find any record of it being enforced on other Pokemon PvP simulators. Should such a rule be added, it wouldn't be fixing anything. More than one Pokemon with Leftovers, Choice Items or a Focus Sash, for example, doesn't seem to be an apparent issue in PvP. Feel free to discuss it though. I would like to see what people think.

Ah I appreciate the response I was very invested into VGC doubles during omega ruby and alpha sapphire Guess I confused that rule with being a standard rule for smogon as Well. Guess I learned something new today ^^

@bladermagician given that logic and PRO don't fly together, don't expect anything we have mentioned to be banned.

That's a pretty negative outlook on the situation, I'm sure they'll give a reasonable response to the request, I mean the worst reason for denying that request would be "We don't want to upset sand veil garchomp owners."

[mention]Shuldbdoinhw[/mention], they banned Gliscor H.A + Defog without letting us vote on it even though they said we will get a vote. It's speaking of experience nothing else. :P

@Shuldbdoinhw, they banned Gliscor H.A + Defog without letting us vote on it even though they said we will get a vote. It's speaking of experience nothing else. :P

That's because Gliscor could only learn defog in pokemon diamond/pearl and the hidden abilities weren't really a thing til gen 5/6 so, it was Literally impossible to obtain one without hacking your game, (in the actual pokemon game) so it was banned from all competitive play.

[mention]Shuldbdoinhw[/mention], that's why we are asking to ban others moves as well that aren't possible and are just a "PRO" thing.

Tail Glow on Phione or Aeroblast on Smeragle

[mention]PreHax[/mention] Aeroblast is very possible on Smeargle, Tail Glow on Manaphy is possible, I guess I support the Phione w/ tail glow ban but does that scenario happen often? Transfering pokemon from previous generaions wasn't a problem, since Sketch lets you learn any move you encounter, Smeargle can fight a pokemon transfered from a previous generation that knows Aeroblast.