Staff spawned monsters in ranked PvP

Red

Do you want staff using edited and spawned monsters in ranked PvP?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want staff using edited and spawned monsters in ranked PvP?

• I don't mind
    • I don't mind staff using edited monsters in non ranked battle
    • No, because it's not fair

369657 A staff member is rewarded a pokemon of their choice after 6 months of service

suggestion

The only staff mons allowed in ranked PVP - are the ones that are obtainable in the current game

The Iv's of the staff reward mon, should reflect a mon that would be discovered in a comparable amount of time, if say that staff member had been hunting instead of preforming staff duties.

legendary tourney winners should still be able to use their reward

just my opinion

+1 i like the idea and like i said iam not against them having a mon for their work, cause most of them work hard and need some kind of reward :)

I think we as a community should work on a way to limit the mons and just not ban them completly

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff spawned Pokémons should not be allowed in Ranked PvP

1. Staff Receiving rewards is perfectly fine, no one has a problem with rewarding staffs for their time they’ve spent working for us in the game. The issue comes when the reward intrudes the competitive aspect of the game.

2. Staffs become staffs as volunteers, it should be their number #1 reason to do so. If staffs must have their Staff spawned Pokémon to use in Ranked PvP it immediately suggests they are only doing it for the benefits within the game to have an unfair advantage over someone else in the competitive scene. I suggest staffs to please review you are indeed a staff if you are arguing about this subject at least it wouldn’t appear as a ruse for the rest of the community. If Staffs become staffs out of the goodness from their heart to support and grow this game, then they should have no objection in complying with the community to not have “ANY COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE” within the actual game.

3. The idea to ban these “STAFF SPAWNED Pokémons” are not because they are “OP”, it is because they are unfair to the average player. Example, if someone obtains a Latios, Latias, etc. within a tournament it is “NOT” unfair as every player or staff have “EQUAL” opportunity in obtaining it, plus tournaments are intuitively competitive to decide the “best battler” at the time which would receive the prize.

4. Some arguments I’ve seen have talked about staff spawn Pokémon’s are easy to deal with, I can’t tell if you’re joking or not….. If it were so easy to deal with, pretty sure no one would be complaining if that were the case. Note: please do not make the case that it’s up to the community to prepare our teams to defeat Staff spawn Pokémons and it’s on us to be “better battlers” which is just ridiculous, it should be reserved as staffs need to limit themselves like regular players in the competitive scene of this game.

Please keep in mind that I appreciate the hard work from all staffs, they can be rewarded in many ways which does not intrude upon the competitive aspect of the game.

369657 A staff member is rewarded a pokemon of their choice after 6 months of service

suggestion

The only staff mons allowed in ranked PVP - are the ones that are obtainable in the current game

The Iv's of the staff reward mon, should reflect a mon that would be discovered in a comparable amount of time, if say that staff member had been hunting instead of preforming staff duties.

legendary tourney winners should still be able to use their reward

just my opinion

Tr3y gave a pretty good example that IV's don't matter at all. I can for sure say that you can get a 6x +29iv's pokemon in 6 months.

MN1M3ho.png

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

369698 Whoops it won't let me vote because I tried to see the results while I was on mobile :n:

happened to a few people I showed this thread, just lmao

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

369686I can for sure say that you can get a 6x +29iv's pokemon in 6 months.

And I can assure you not. 8 months on main + 4 months on alt. So effectively 12 months. Headbutting daily for a Fletchling. I have got 2 h.a. Fletchlings in that time. One of them is Calm (had good IVs too, such a waste), the other one is Hardy with average IVs.

Besides Fletchling, which is limited, I really can't be sure about getting a +29 IV extremely rare. Especially with a hidden ability. I don't have a single one. Got a few 20+ non h.a. ones though.

Not trying to argue, just pointing out. I don't mind any of the staff using stuff like 30+ IV hp fire Serperior, h.a. Talonflame, h.a. Amoonguss or whatever. I don't have any problems as long as they're obtainable in some way for normal players.