PRO's Moderation Discussion

Logan

I recommend stop being chat nazis in the in game chat.

No other mmo operates like this - let your chat happen organically. Sure profanity and racial slurs should be muted - but "not quite on topic messages" or accident letters or numbers, etc, etc. Just kind of unneeded.

edit - why does n a z i s correct to above? Why would they have my respect.

• Administrator

oof hopefully this isn’t a waste of time again.

First of all thank you for sharing your feedback regard the current rules and the situation. I can assure you that we really value our community's opinion and that every time that we receive a valid feedback (like some that we received exactly in this thread) we take our time and discuss it within staff in order to understand if there is something that we can improve.

No one of us and nothing is perfect, and our moderation system is not an exception to that, in fact we are sure that there are things that we can improve and we are here exactly for this reason.

The post will be really long, and I apologize in advance for that, but i wanted to be as much transparent as possible.

To begin with, the biggest problem imo is the quickness a mute is given and the inconsistency between all the mods. You might think that mods don’t insta mute, but they do or that they warn, but they don’t, and it’s very clear, pretending that they don’t only makes things worse.

Regarding how long we take to mute a person, our aim is to take action as soon as we have evidences that some player broke the rules. This because there are situations where a single person can start a discussion that can lead to generate and spread chaos, flame and toxicity and finish to absorb into the discussion even people that were not interested and that are usually quiet.

For experience, i can tell you that most of the discussions that contain toxicity/flame/infractions are usually caused by a single person, or two, and from there it finish to involve 5-6-10 people that might break the rules as well.

However, I can assure you that, before muting someone, we never miss to issue a warning in the chat when someone breaks the rules and when reasonable. We normally issue general warns, which are warns issued to make sure to tell to everyone to remember to follow the rules and making sure that they know how to properly interact with the chat without committing any infraction. We almost never warn a single person out of everyone, this for two simple reasons:

• We don't want to make people feel targeted as that's not what we should do and that's not what should be done. We are not here to make people feel uncomfortable when playing, but we are here to make sure that everyone can enjoy the game in the best possible way, following our rules and the fact that PRO aim to hold a PG-7 environment consistent with the original game.

• We don't want to flood the chat. Imagine a scenario where someone break the rules in the trade chat, if we would issue a warn saying "X dont' do this" "Y you don't have to do this instead" etc, we would finish to flood the chat, ruining the communication between our players.

This is why we issue general warns and we never miss to do that. I think you are well aware of me as staff member, Shinohara, since we talked a lot in-game in the past regard the old rules where I had explained you that we were discussing them non-stop, and in fact that has lead to change them and we are really proud of them as of now because i can assure you that we used to receive a high amount of complaints regard the old rules and it was not making us feel really good.

Remember how many times you saw me issuing warns in the help chat for the old rules and you were replying like "oh ok, better leave the help chat" or things like that, because it seemed like you could not breath due to them.

There are of course few situations where we do not deem necessary warning but take insta actions, but they are only for really serious things. For example, if someone should start to spread serious racism or to discuss about se.x/adult contents, since our rules forbid that and PRO aim to hold a PG-7 environment, we take insta-actions because these are really serious things.

For further information regard what we issue in these specific situations, you can check our Punishment Policy.

It is also important to notice as well that within the staff there are the team leaders that lead, guide, teach and monitor their own team. For what regard the moderation, the leaders are me as CC leader, Qeight as MOD leader and Logan as GM leader. With that said, I can assure you that we take our time to check our teams and make sure that everything is working as intended, this include checking if a specific scenario has been handled in the correct way. The same goes for the team leaders that, when they are wrong, require admins to intervene to check it.

For example, if someone types “w” in trade chat, there's a mod there telling them trade chat is used only for trades. Why?

I think that in these situations the most important thing is to watch as well the entire scenario.

Imagine if everyone would be allowed to type "w" in the trade chat because we would give the benefit of the doubt trusting the fact that they committed an error, how would the situation be?

A person can type "w" for a mistake or can type "hi" for a mistake thinking it was another chat and we would not be able to verify if that was made on purpose or due to a mistake because we can't read people's mind.

In this case, giving the benefit of the doubt would have more cons than pro since it could be abused and would finish to ruin the communication between players.

The swearing filter seems pointless if we’re still asked to not swear, but I guess it’s for pms or a custom chat.

The swear filter of a videogame is used to make sure that the in-game environment is friendly and respectful. PRO aims to hold to a PG-7 environment consistent with the original Pokemon games, which is why we filter potentially offensive and vulgar language.

Unfortunately we have not a way to block a message from being sent if the system recognize that it contains an inappropriate word, however the language filter help us to totally block people from being able to see such inappropriate words because the language filter is usually active by default.

Recently, we have added a way to disable the language filter for players, and this was made just because when we handle reports, it is really important to have the total and complete understanding of the situation in order to take the best possible choice. Having reports containing messages filtered with "****" didn't give us the chance to complete understand the events and therefore used to make us experience situations that were not easy to handle. Due to that, it has been decided to give players the possibilty of disabling the filter if they wanted to and at their risks.

However, the filter is not and will never be a reason to use foul/inappropriate language and we will keep to forbid the use of them according to the game freak's rules, the pg-7 and our rules/punishment policy.

Secondly, it doesn’t seem to matter if players complain about mods, nothing happens and our voices are left unheard. It’s not a good thing to have players resent the mod team.

Exactly like now, we are and we will always be more than happy to receive any form of valid feedback for what regards the entire project of Pokémon Revolution Online, regardless if moderation part or content, because we really value a lot the feedback of our community. I wrote "valid feedback" because most of the time we receive complaints from people saying "that mod is bad, he didn't unban me and he should not be staff" or instead we receive things like "the spawn system is horrible", and they are messages that do not provide us any feedback or anything else we can work on.

A valid feedback is when you accurately state what part of the game you like or that you feel should be changed/improved/removed and add as well the reason of why you think that.

I can assure you that we take any feedback seriously as we all want to make the game better day by day contributing to the improvement and development of PRO.

Another point is how often mods are active, there’s rarely one in-game, I understand they are people with lives but they are mods for a reason and they should be more active. If they can’t make time for the game then maybe someone who can should get that position. Also, I know they don’t have an obligation to do so, but helping players with questions they have would be a nice thing from them.

Unfortunately, what has been said here is not correct and i'll explain you why.

As members of the staff, we are asked to dedicate a specific amount of time to PRO in order to make sure that we are actively contributing as staff members. Our time is divided between different duties, for what regard moderation it usually is divided between in-game moderation and forum but is not limited to that.

The amount of time that we ask to our staff members to dedicate to PRO is some hour per day, and these hours are really great enough to provide a good contribution. The activity levels are checked by the team leaders and admins in order to make sure that their activity is meeting the requirements and that each staff member is contributing.

There is people that can afford to dedicate 3 hours per day to PRO, and others that can dedicate 8. There is as well people that dedicate 10-15 hours per day to PRO. However, we will never force someone to dedicate more time than the required one, as we are volunteers and we act in our own time. Within staff there are mothers, fathers and people that work a lot during their day, therefore forcing them to dedicate more time than the required one, that i repeat is already great enough to provide a really good contribution to the game, would be stupid.

I can assure you that if there is some people that do not meet the asked/required activity requirements/levels, we take actions and, as leaders, we take action and talk to them in order to understand what is going on, if IRL/private issues or what. However, i'm really proud of the current staff team and to say that activity levels nowadays are really great within the staff.

It is also good to mention that staff members are as well players and, despite of that, a great amount of staff members, to dedicate more time to staff duties, even take long pauses from the game as players. There are people that do not play on their players since months, this in order to provide a further contribution to the community as staff members.

Also, I know they don’t have an obligation to do so, but helping players with questions they have would be a nice thing from them.

This is kinda a complicated topic that we discussed a lot recently within the staff and i'll try to explain you the situations, quoting as well the words of my staff-mate and friend Qeight.

Each moderation staff role is trained to handle different situations and duties. For example, Moderators and Trade Moderators handle the report sections of the forum and appeals, meanwhile Community Coordinators handle the resolution center, which is the forum dedicated to the players that want to ask help regard a specific topic.

As CC leader i can tell you that Community Coordinators receive a training based in specific to the game-knowledge such as story questions, how to solve issues like people saying their master ball disappeared, etc. However this doesn't happen for the Moderator and Trade Moderator that instead focus and pay more attention on the enforcement of the rules, and therefore they may lack some game-knowledge that is instead taught to Community Coordinators.

For what regard the other teams, i'll quote Qeight (mod leader) for what regard the Mod Team: <<the main duty of Moderators when they log into the game with their staff account is to moderate the chats. It is up to them if they want to engage in conversations or not>>, however i can assure you that some of the Moderator already engage in conversations, they just are not active in the help chat as much as the Community Coordinators because that's not part of their duties and therefore they can decide if providing help in the help chat to questions like "how can i get a bike?" or to not do that.

Quoting Qeight again: <<A lot of community members have a ton of knowledge about the game or even new content after it was released, Moderators for example often times do not have the time to play or know everything about it.>>

Community Coordinators instead, being the bridge between staff and players, do not handle reports/appeals but handle the in-game & forum moderation (like all the moderation roles) and as well aim to have the greatest possible communication and relation/interaction with players, providing support in the help chat or engaging in conversations like I usually do for things like movies, food, etc. We are specifically trained to make sure that our knowledge is really extended to cover the major part of possible scenarios and that we are always updated about any possible information, for example when new events comes out we have to know already how it works in order to provide help to the players that ask for it and help them solve their issues. We are a sort of living wikipedia for what regard the game, and from there we start to create guides, threads and pages like the wiki.

they can’t make time for the game then maybe someone who can should get that position.

I'll be completely transparent in saying you that this sound a bit strange as it was written while having not really good knowledge for what regard the staff and how it works, however it's fine and i'll be really happy to explain you how we act for recruitments because we are here to hear feedback and be as much transparent as possible because we care about our community.

We are well aware of the fact that we won't be here forever, there might be someone that will leave the next week due to IRL/PRIVATE issues or due to the fact that they don't have enough time to dedicate to PRO, however we always try and take countermeasures for not leaving the staff without enough members.

We recently had an open recruitment where people could apply for the role of Community Coordinator, Trade Moderator and Moderator, and we usually open them twice per year. We received hundred of applications and picked some really great people that are currently doing their apprenticeship.

There is not a maximum amount of members that staff can have, in fact most of the time we want to recruit 2 people and instead we finish to pick a lot more because we find many promising applicants. The last recruitment was exactly one of these situations, we started that we wanted to pick around 5 people and instead we picked around 10 because we had found many promising people and it would have been bad rejecting them just because we could not take many people at once. Our only limit is only the amount of people that we can train at the same time, this because not everyone in the staff is allowed to train and in fact the trainers are the most experienced people within staff.

There are a lot of players who don’t like mods and I can’t blame them because some do a very bad job.

That’s not to say that players don’t break rules and don’t deserve a mute/ban but like all people, mods make mistakes and it’s disingenuous to act as if they don’t.

I can assure you that every time that we receive a complaints we always take them seriously and try to understand if we failed somewhere and, if we did, how we can improve. Even if we didn't fail in that situation, we take our time to try to approach the player in the friendliest way in order to explain them how and why we took that specific decision, like it can happen when someone discuss about adult contents and we explain them that PRO aim to be PG-7, etc. (like stated previously in this post).

If I would say that in the entire story of PRO there was not someone insta-muting without a warn or issuing a wrong punishment, it would just be a lie. Mistakes have been made in the past and some mistake can still happen exactly because we are humans, however the important is always doing our best to improve not only as staff members but as people as well to not commit those errors again.

Like all people, staff make mistakes when they're inexperienced, this because we are humans and therefore can commit errors. We recognize that these errors can occur and sincerely apologize for these errors. We try to resolve them in Appeals and Complaints as expeditiously as possible. However, we would ask that individual staff not be ridiculed for singular mistakes made months or even years ago - errors happen.

We are not perfect but we always strive to improve our moderation and we will always do that.

Nevertheless, we will never stop to look for our errors and learn from them in order to improve day by day as staff members & people, and in this way make ourselves and the community happier.

You’ve managed to alienate so many players with the excessive pestering mods give(when they actually get online) to the point that there are hundreds of players that won’t even bother with making a post here because they think it’s a waste of time and that nothing will change.

We really value the opinion/voice and feedback of our community and we will always do that because it help us and PRO to grow up as project and help us to improve it day by day.

Being completely transparent with you, I feel like the old rules (where you could not ask for rates help chat for example) have lead many players to stop to believe in us and to think that their opinions do not get considered anymore, but that's absolutely wrong.

Remember the time where me and you talked in-game when you were complaining about the old rules, if i remember correctly at a certain point you were giving up as well thinking we would have never changed them; however in the end we heard any single complaint and, after discussing it accurately within the staff, we changed them to make everyone happier and to make them enjoy the game without feeling 24/7 the pressure of us on them. This, once again, because we really value the a lot the opinion and feedback of our community and we will always value that because an online game without its community is nothing.

The way I would like things to be, is there would be a voting system where players vote for who should become mods from the apprentices and they would also vote for mods to not be mods anymore.

I'm sorry to inform you, but at the same time i can assure you, that this is something that will never be added to our system. the idea that you described is not adopted by any business or any video game company precisely because it has many issues that could destroy an entire company/organization

In fact, in any company/organization, there are specific people called "recruiter" that are in charge to recruit new people/worker.

• There are a lot of things about the staff role that people can't see and therefore they have not any way to judge if a person is worth or not to become a staff member since they can see just really really small part of the duty of a staff member.

• It would allow for favoritism that could penalize possible candidates. It seems strange, but it's true, and the perfect example is the PRO Awards 2018 where players were voted for by over 50 player in all the categories. People showed favoritism by collecting 30-50 votes in categories like "best former staff", a category they were not eligible for since they were not former staff, or "funniest staff member" even if they were not staff members. This is not even considering potential fraudulent voting , which is exactly why voting for moderator is not something that will ever be added.
    Having people voting for who has to be mod or not is something that could be done in a perfect world, however our world is not perfect and, it is simply impossible to implement.

• Similarly, there are people that still hate some staff member for errors happened 6/12 months ago, and this would just create further hate toward those staff member, making that even public and therefore making it worse.
    The words of a single person can hurt another, imagine the one of 100+ users. This could emotionally destroy a person, which is not something that should happen in a videogame aimed at letting people have fun.

You seem to have an excuse for everything so this is probably a giant waste of time. You also seem to want to keep up a façade that mods don’t suck, and you might want some examples as to why I think they do, and I could go on and on with examples and you will go on and on about how my examples aren't valid, but nothing will change. You will shrug off any kind of criticism, be it justified or not, and keep doing a bad job. Kinda sucks that you don’t listen to players but oh well. Thanks for nothing and have a nice day. :)

We are not here to make excuses, but merely to elucidate our perspective on some of the issues brought up. Once again, we do recognize that we make mistakes like all the people. What we are doing is explaining how we work and why we do that, in this way, we will make sure that our players have the complete understanding of how we act and why we do that, and therefore it will be possible to have a better and more transparent discussion.

You will shrug off any kind of criticism, be it justified or not, and keep doing a bad job. Kinda sucks that you don’t listen to players but oh well. Thanks for nothing and have a nice day. :)

I am happy to inform you that we are discussing many things recently and we are already in favor and agreed to many suggestions made from other users in this thread.

We will keep you updated through our OFFICIAL PRO DISCORD about that, like we always do for any announcement/content/announcement/release about Pokémon Revolution Online.

As always, i hope the post provided some clarification and that it has been made clear that we commit errors as well, and we acknowledge it, but depite of that we do always our best to improve as staff members/people and strive to improve our moderation in order to make ourselves and the community happier.

• Like 5

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

Well, thanks shino for such an eloquent and thorough response. Sorry for the late reply but I didn’t notice you had replied until Madtrainer informed me and I wasn't home. I too am sorry because this will also be a long post. I want to preface this by saying that, like I said in my first comment, I have no issues with the rules. My problem is how they are enforced. Just wanted to clear that up if someone was confused.

However, I can assure you that, before muting someone, we never miss to issue a warning in the chat when someone breaks the rules and when reasonable.

This isn’t what I’m arguing about. If someone breaks the rules, then fine mute them. My issue is what constitutes a rule being broken and what is the correct punishment that needs to be given if any should be given at all. For example, my friend was once muted for saying “hi” in help chat. He broke the rules, that's clear. But why did a mute need to happen? If the conversation had continued then I would understand a mute. But just saying “hi” to someone and getting muted is very unfair. You might argue that no matter what, it broke the rules and there are no exceptions, which is true, but it doesn’t make it fair nor just.

However, I can assure you that, before muting someone, we never miss to issue a warning in the chat when someone breaks the rules and when reasonable. We normally issue general warns, which are warns issued to make sure to tell to everyone to remember to follow the rules and making sure that they know how to properly interact with the chat without committing any infraction. We almost never warn a single person out of everyone, this for two simple reasons:

• We don't want to make people feel targeted as that's not what we should do and that's not what should be done. We are not here to make people feel uncomfortable when playing, but we are here to make sure that everyone can enjoy the game in the best possible way, following our rules and the fact that PRO aim to hold a PG-7 environment consistent with the original game.

• We don't want to flood the chat. Imagine a scenario where someone break the rules in the trade chat, if we would issue a warn saying "X don't' do this" "Y you don't have to do this instead" etc, we would finish to flood the chat, ruining the communication between our players.

That is just wrong, in almost every warning I see, it goes “x please don’t do that” or “y keep the chat on topic” which is clearly targeting them. Additionally, not wanting to flood the chat is great, I don’t want that either. However, I have witnessed for myself a certain mod, who’s name I won’t mention, send the same message several times in a couple minutes. Repeatedly. My suggestion wasn’t for a mod to do that, it was for a mod to pm the player to stop what they’re doing or whatever the infraction was. That would be a much better system imo.

I think that in these situations the most important thing is to watch as well the entire scenario.

Imagine if everyone would be allowed to type "w" in the trade chat because we would give the benefit of the doubt trusting the fact that they committed an error, how would the situation be?

A person can type "w" for a mistake or can type "hi" for a mistake thinking it was another chat and we would not be able to verify if that was made on purpose or due to a mistake because we can't read people's mind.

In this case, giving the benefit of the doubt would have more cons than pro since it could be abused and would finish to ruin the communication between players.

We’ll stick with the example I gave. It’s not about being “allowed” to do that, it’s about people making mistakes. I, for one, have made that same mistake in help chat. It’s easy to make that mistake and I don’t think it should be a big deal. People don’t get on trade chat to have a conversation, that’s painfully clear. So I fail to see why that needs a warning. It makes players roll their eyes, it’s so useless to do that. I think that doing these warning only creates resentment and hate for mods. I’ll be honest, when I see warnings that shouldn’t be made, I gets me annoyed because it feels like players aren’t allowed to make mistakes.

I’ll give you another example, someone types “wts x pokemon” in help chat and then follows it up with “oh sorry wrong chat”. That’s a clear mistake and he apologized. A little bit later, a certain mod tells them to use the proper channel. Several people respond with “wut” or “lol” because it’s so annoying that it’s laughable.

The whole chat filter thing is not something I really care about. I completely agree with you. It was just something that I see a lot of players question, so I decided to mention it.

Exactly like now, we are and we will always be more than happy to receive any form of valid feedback for what regards the entire project of Pokémon Revolution Online, regardless if moderation part or content, because we really value a lot the feedback of our community.

Ok, so you say you take feedback, but not once did I see, in this thread, a mod admit or even acknowledge the possibility that a player might be right about something, mods are always right. “Valid feedback” is totally fair, I hate when players complain about bans and spawn rates or any other thing that isn’t useful to a conversation.

nfortunately, what has been said here is not correct and i'll explain you why.

As members of the staff, we are asked to dedicate a specific amount of time to PRO in order to make sure that we are actively contributing as staff members. Our time is divided between different duties, for what regard moderation it usually is divided between in-game moderation and forum but is not limited to that.

The amount of time that we ask to our staff members to dedicate to PRO is some hour per day, and these hours are really great enough to provide a good contribution. The activity levels are checked by the team leaders and admins in order to make sure that their activity is meeting the requirements and that each staff member is contributing.

There is people that can afford to dedicate 3 hours per day to PRO, and others that can dedicate 8. There is as well people that dedicate 10-15 hours per day to PRO.

With this topic, I can’t say much because I don’t know the full scope of a mods duties. Also I spend my time in help chat and might not see if they are active in another chat. My main concern would be how much time they can put in the game. There have been hundreds of times when I wish there was a mod present and there isn’t. As you have said, there are irl things that can prevent them from putting in more time, which is why I think those should be removed. A mod should be able to put in a lot of time in game. Either that or recruit more so that there’s always at least one online. But maybe that’s too much to ask.

This is kinda a complicated topic that we discussed a lot recently within the staff and i'll try to explain you the situations, quoting as well the words of my staff-mate and friend Qeight.

Each moderation staff role is trained to handle different situations and duties.

I understand that mods have different duties and I don’t mind that at all. My new suggestion is to make a completely new role to help players with anything. I believe this would alleviate mod duties and strengthen the bond between staff and players. This would work like a tmod, but for help chat I guess. Just a thought though.

I can assure you that every time that we receive a complaints we always take them seriously and try to understand if we failed somewhere and, if we did, how we can improve.

You say you take complaints seriously, but I still remember when several players complained about a certain mod, and nothing happened. We were essentially told to suck it up. So from personally experience I can’t believe this.

Being completely transparent with you, I feel like the old rules (where you could not ask for rates help chat for example) have lead many players to stop to believe in us and to think that their opinions do not get considered anymore, but that's absolutely wrong.

You’re right, players do still dislike mods for the old rules and it’s not fair for the newer mods. And players don’t believe mods anymore and they don’t feel like they are heard. I say this because most of my friends, who have played way longer than me, won’t even make a post here because they have given up hope of change. I do agree that Mods get a lot of hate from past mistakes and it’s unfair. However, the new ones don’t do much to make that stigma go away. But, I will try to have more faith in these new mods because they haven't done anything yet.

In regards to the voting system I suggested, you’re points are completely true and I agree with them. Especially with the favoritism point. So instead, I will suggest that system for apps. So the players will vote on someone to be an app and then staff will decide if he is good or not. Of course the player would have to agree to be one to begin with.

I do remember our conversations and I believe you and me can have a constructive and healthy debate of our ideas for pro. You are one of the few mods I actually like. As for the rules, I enjoyed the changes quite a lot. You did tell me that there was a lot of discussion about them and then there was the changes so I don’t doubt what you say.

I'm glad that there will be changes, even if they are bad ones, I'm content with trying them out. Thanks you for your time and i hope we can continue this conversation.

I have a few "want to know's". What procedures are used to select new staff? If selected what kind of training is provided? How are they placed into a specific role? Was word of mouth a factor in their application? Are referrals a thing? Does your past infractions no matter the severity of it reflect negatively on your chances of approval?

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif

What procedures are used to select new staff?

Open Recruitment with applications or selected invites (like I was invited to staff)

If selected what kind of training is provided?

They will go through a workshop where we filter out people that don't really fit, we do a few tasks but nothing we can actually disclose to the public.

After that and to answer your next question we decide in what roles they fit in, sometimes staff switch role because they are not happy with it or because they simply don't fit in.

Let's take me as example, I was supposed to be a CC, Fluffles wanted to be a Tmod and became a CC and Logan switched from Mod to Tmod later on.

The applicants might not know where they fit but if they have strong attributes in some categories we will know where to fit them.

Was word of mouth a factor in their application?

I don't quite get that question, like if we actually talked to the applicants?

Are referrals a thing?

Your past will be a huge factor when accepting or declining staff.

Does your past infractions no matter the severity of it reflect negatively on your chances of approval?

Your past 100% reflects back on you but I am a perfect example on how many "infractions" you can actually have and still be staff. It's all about other factors as long as you are honest.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

I was in the workshop before so I more or less have a feel around the mechanics of the selection process, having participated in tasks myself. But I wanted to know more about the overall process of it. I'm satisfied with the answers you gave, thankyou for taking the time.

Forums rules relating to Pokémon shop subforum

367145650_Screenshot_20190613-0626292.thumb.png.b136af3aa50af17491c4a4fbaf236b55.png

Can I ask what lead to the 2nd rule 'Do not sell Shiny Pokémon or Special Variant Pokémon here.' being implemented.

It feels to me like the only reason that this exists is to create activity in the shiny forum.

I completely understand why shiny pokes aren't allowed in the selling pokes subforum as it makes sense some people aren't interested in them.

However I feel like a Pokémon shop should be for all your Pokémon(when you have more than 5).

I'm against this rule as it means I then need to run a 2nd thread in a 2nd forum for no gain either to me or as far as I can see the community. Other downsides that I can see apart from running a 2nd thread is that it will probably need bumping alot(false traffic and spam imo), and I won't be able to post a thread for an individual shiny for a quick sale.

Shiny Pokemon in the Selling pokemon forum - harm = some people arn't interested in shiny pokemon and it creates spam

none Shiny pokemon in the shiny/event forum - harm = shiny people want shinies not your none shiny trash :) (spam)

shiny pokemon inside a shop full of none shiny pokemon - harm = ? its not spam since the thread already exists

Tldr: rule 2 of pokeshops exists why?

Edited by Allsmell
  • Like 1

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

I have to agree that most of the responses in this topic really do make it seem like the moderation team isn't actually interested in feedback, which is discouraging.

My complaint is with over-moderating. I fundamentally disagree with the assertion that every instance of a minor infraction needs to be called out. Sometimes All chat is completely civil but then somebody writes 4 extra letters in a word and a mod jumps in to tell them not to do that. E.G. The person might say "Whaaaaat?" as a way of expressing disbelief and the mod will remind All chat not to spam excessive letters. At this point, the chat will become derailed as people are more concerned with why the mod is wasting everybody's time than with the original topic. That kind of moderation has the exact polar opposite of its intended effect. Rather than keeping chat clean and productive, it causes it to degrade and become more chaotic. And for what gain? I'm not talking about somebody spamming 5 lines of letters; I routinely see mods chime in because of a single-digit number of extra letters as if it's spam that is making it harder to read chat. It's not.

Similarly, the people who help in Help chat should be allowed to be humans for a moment here and there. Maybe I've just helped somebody with something difficult and they are trying to wrap their heads around it and I'll tell them "Yeah, I struggled at first, too. One time, I even had x happen to me. It was nuts". Technically my last couple sentences are 'not help' and belong elsewhere but at the same time they keep the channel feeling conversational and human. If a mod then tells me to keep it on-topic, they aren't really helping anybody. That doesn't improve the quality of help anybody gets or their ability to ask questions and be heard. It just makes everything awkward and sometimes it chases away the people who are actually there to help. I spend less time helping new players than I used to because of over-moderation of the Help channel.

• Like 1

Officiality (Discord)

As the most prominently interlinked out-of-game chatting hub used by PRO, it is accepted as PRO's official out-of-game chat; as such, it is used as the go-to player-support real-time chat outside of the game, as well as a popular hub for conversing with the rest of the community.

Its rules are codified similarly and thus the same guidelines and rulings should be expected here as you would expect from any other medium in PRO's network of services.

I'm not complaining or anything, but I did notice that some leeway is given for profanity in the discord's general chat. I don't have an issue with that but it does seem contradictive in the sense that any sort of profanity used in All Chat is against the rules and for Discord that rule is slightly lessened.