Ranked PvP Rules.

Shinohara

355879 Just because you personally think the staff are "good enough" it doesn't really change my view in any way what so ever Prehax.

And yes i believe there are flaws like the example i just gave.

I don't think there is any rule that was made so that a particular staff member gain an advantage on the ladder

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

355884 I don't think there is any rule that was made so that a particular staff member gain an advantage on the ladder

Advantage to a particular staff member was an example. That may or may not be true and it isn't the general point but it could be included in the rulemaking process.

As i said, the decision to go with smogon rules and not ban stuff like Shadow Tag makes no sense but it would be bad for the staff member with the epic shiny gothitelle.

Although you say no rules were made on this, there is rules regarding staff member pokemons that give them an advantage. It's another discussion and i don't care about that half as much as this since they aren't using Uber legendary pokemons (again with influence from smogon).

Imo the problem is that (afaik) we dont have an official statement from the staff why they didnt take any action in the case of shadow tag gothitell (i reduce it to st goth because wobbuffet hasnt really been part of the discussion in PRO or smogon). A problem discussed as often and intensive as st goth by the community should really be taken more seriously by the staff e.g. by sharing the internal discussion with the community. maybe we/they miss something in the argumentation.

356181 Imo the problem is that (afaik) we dont have an official statement from the staff why they didnt take any action in the case of shadow tag gothitell (i reduce it to st goth because wobbuffet hasnt really been part of the discussion in PRO or smogon). A problem discussed as often and intensive as st goth by the community should really be taken more seriously by the staff e.g. by sharing the internal discussion with the community. maybe we/they miss something in the argumentation.

Taunt+a dark/ghost move its so easy to counter Gothitelle.

No im desagreed Gothitelle dont need a ban.

356181 ...

On what earth is what u said relevent to my post (did i say bann gothitelle so you can disagree?)

And your claims are just (sry for that) pure bull shit without any reasons given. Gothitelle switches in on your pokemon and not the other way around. So your taunt or dark/ghost pokemon/move is just not in the game till gothitelle is at +6 and killed your pokemon or switched out itself. At +6 there is no ghost type pokemon threatening goth with a OHKO. And even if we had pursuit working only adamant TTar would be able to kill it with pursuit if equipped with choice band (95.9 - 113.3%, and that's only a 75% chance)!!! So everything below that bar fails including adamant+life orb absol (81.6 - 95.9%), adamant+life orb bisharp/honchkrow (79.3 - 93.6%), jolly+life orb weavile (70.3 - 82.2%). And without pursuit why wouldnt you just switch goth out if the enemy sends a dark type pokemon?

Nevertheless i asked for a statement of the staff and not the oppinion of players nether do i want to start a new discussion because everything has been said (i actually shared the calculations the 3rd/4th time now). It's time for the staff to make their move/statement (a: still discussing it, but that's what we have so far ...; b: no action taken, because ...; c: nerf movepool to weaken it like they did with the baton pass clause to speed boost pokemons; d: bann goth in combination with shadow tag; did i forget an option???)

356181 ...

On what earth is what u said relevent to my post (did i say bann gothitelle so you can disagree?)

And your claims are just (sry for that) pure bull [Censored] without any reasons given. Gothitelle switches in on your pokemon and not the other way around. So your taunt or dark/ghost pokemon/move is just not in the game till gothitelle is at +6 and killed your pokemon or switched out itself. At +6 there is no ghost type pokemon threatening goth with a OHKO. And even if we had pursuit working only adamant TTar would be able to kill it with pursuit if equipped with choice band (95.9 - 113.3%, and that's only a 75% chance)!!! So everything below that bar fails including adamant+life orb absol (81.6 - 95.9%), adamant+life orb bisharp/honchkrow (79.3 - 93.6%), jolly+life orb weavile (70.3 - 82.2%). And without pursuit why wouldnt you just switch goth out if the enemy sends a dark type pokemon?

Nevertheless i asked for a statement of the staff and not the oppinion of players nether do i want to start a new discussion because everything has been said (i actually shared the calculations the 3rd/4th time now). It's time for the staff to make their move/statement (a: still discussing it, but that's what we have so far ...; b: no action taken, because ...; c: nerf movepool to weaken it like they did with the baton pass clause to speed boost pokemons; d: bann goth in combination with shadow tag; did i forget an option???)

I completely agree. Taunt+Dark is probably the worst argument I've seen, we need some answers from the staff.

And your claims are just (sry for that) pure bull [Censored] without any reasons given. Gothitelle switches in on your pokemon and not the other way around. So your taunt or dark/ghost pokemon/move is just not in the game till gothitelle is at +6 and killed your pokemon or switched out itself. At +6 there is no ghost type pokemon threatening goth with a OHKO. And even if we had pursuit working only adamant TTar would be able to kill it with pursuit if equipped with choice band (95.9 - 113.3%, and that's only a 75% chance)!!! So everything below that bar fails including adamant+life orb absol (81.6 - 95.9%), adamant+life orb bisharp/honchkrow (79.3 - 93.6%), jolly+life orb weavile (70.3 - 82.2%). And without pursuit why wouldnt you just switch goth out if the enemy sends a dark type pokemon?

I completely agree. Taunt+Dark is probably the worst argument I've seen, we need some answers from the staff.

And Dugtriio ban he have nothing in Showdown now stop with you stupid "need a ban of Gothitelle"

And Dugtriio ban he have nothing in Showdown now stop with you stupid "need a ban of Gothitelle"

Dugtrio is not relevant here as arena trap isn't coded properly

Freddie_forum_size.png

He is most likely refering to an argument i once started, consisting of:

trapping, defined as "your pokemon cant switch out" exists in more ways than just shadow tag gothitelle (dugtrio, magnezone, probopass, wobbbuffet) and we arent talking about them because they are either underpowered or balanced (by their typing, move pool, stats). Therefore we should think about nerfing st goth before banning it.

So it actually is super funny that a player, who is against a bann, turns against this argument, which is designed against a bann. It just shows how the discussion is flodded with personal interests and personal feelings. And that's exactly why we need a statement from the staff (a statement consist of a decision and reasons considering every argument given). But i doubt we get one

He is most likely refering to an argument i once started, consisting of:

trapping, defined as "your pokemon cant switch out" exists in more ways than just shadow tag gothitelle (dugtrio, magnezone, probopass, wobbbuffet) and we arent talking about them because they are either underpowered or balanced (by their typing, move pool, stats). Therefore we should think about nerfing st goth before banning it.

So it actually is super funny that a player, who is against a bann, turns against this argument, which is designed against a bann. It just shows how the discussion is flodded with personal interests and personal feelings. And that's exactly why we need a statement from the staff (a statement consist of a decision and reasons considering every argument given). But i doubt we get one

Its not my faults if you cant counter a Gothitelle. :kappa: