Hello everyone,
This thread is in regards to the recent changes made to PvE that have really disappointed most of the community that plays the game solely for it's PvE aspect, myself being one of these players. The limit on the amount of bosses we can battle is not only demotivating for PvE players but also completely destroys the fun of that aspect of the game. We are forced to choose what bosses we want to battle in the limited time frame and can no longer discuss things like strategies on how to achieve the shortest boss run etc which was part of the fun. For myself personally, I feel completely distanced and neglected as a PvE player in PRO by the recent changes and with megas being implemented into PRO it serves to show that the game is catering towards its PvP community to an overwhelming degree.
What really triggered my frustration the most is this:
Today, I decided to log in for a test run on my love island boss strategy that I've been working on for months, recording it every time and tweaking it in order to upload a solid strategy onto YouTube that can potentially help other players struggling with this boss as I have in the past. For those of you who play PvE you will know exactly how annoying this boss duo is to defeat consistently considering the amount of threats each of their teams has, from the guts flareon to the serene grace shaymin sky flinchathon and the MG alakazam with focus sash that seems to love critting us.
After completing this battle I realized the reward was cut by half! I only got 46k and 5 PvE coins for a boss I need to pay 5k to get to assuming I'm already in vermilion city and don't have a travel pass that costs the ridiculous amount of 300k a month. Imagine that! One of the hardest boss duo in the game completely cut down and getting a measly reward for the effort on a boss that's literally a coin flip and one mistake can cost you the battle putting you on a 12 day cool down. How frustrating! When bosses are our main source of income and we need to cover the cost of travel debt, ev training, safari zone they all cost money. Not every player uses trading as their main source of income and not every player plays pvp either to make money off their coins!
If you're going to nerf the reward nerf the boss too.
I feel there is a complete lack of communication between the staff and the players of this community, as we weren't even told in the announcements which boss rewards were nerfed specifically, and giant sudden changes like this make players feel isolated from the staff of this game. You guys really need to pick up your game when it comes to identifying player needs and fix the issues at their core, not some patch work solution in hopes to avoid mass profit on multiple accounts. It should not be a generalized solution that punishes all players.
I've loved this game for a long time I really have, I've seen the potential it has had to be great for all the years I've been playing, and I wish it would grow even larger and become a popular game once again, but in all honesty changes like these aren't doing the game any good. You're slowly driving away more and more veteran players who are attracted to that aspect of that game specifically and have stuck with it for those reasons. A lot of us feel like we're not just players in this game but we've witnessed the development of this game from the get-go so we're all mini testers and have grown attached to the game after seeing what it was and where it's at now. If you would only take advantage of the community's opinions and feedback you will benefit so much from it. We're all literally at your disposal and all you need to do is lend an ear to listen.
Peace,
XanthinaRose