• Welcome to Pokemon Revolution Online. You're currently visiting as a guest. Sign up or log in to access the whole forum and start discussions!

port used to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mana009

Youngster
Total likes
Hi,
University is going to start again and since I'm staying in a dorm (and internet connection is provided by my dorm) I'd like to know which UDP/TCP ports PRO uses, so I can ask to the responsible to open them.

Thanks in advance :)

Amca

Advanced Trainer
PRO Member
Donator
Total likes
Hello. I hope this helps. I wish you success in University :)

I think this is enough.
Remote Port: 800

Mana009

Youngster
Total likes
Thanks, port 800 is now open and I can connect to server and login but still cannot play, I'm stuck at loading map black screen (which seem to be broken since I can move the loading bar back and forth).
I tried to connect yersterday and today, on different servers and on a different computer, but I still can't get through the loading screen.

Are there maybe some other ports that need to be opened? if not, does someone have any idea about what might be the problem?

Mana009

Youngster
Total likes
It's me, again.

I just figured out how to check which ports does a program use (those who are interested in how did I do it can check the spoiler)
while the program you're interested in is running, go on windows command shell and type "tasklist" ("ps" or "top" for linux user) to identify which PID (= program ID) is associated to the program
then type "netstat -no" and there you can see which port does that program use.

To make it short, PRO use both these ports:
  • port 800 TCP (or UDP, I don't remember)
    port 803 TCP

with both opened game works just fine
I hope this can help.

Digit

Former Staff
Former Staff
Total likes
Mana009 said:
[post]274225[/post] It's me, again.

I just figured out how to check which ports does a program use (those who are interested in how did I do it can check the spoiler)
while the program you're interested in is running, go on windows command shell and type "tasklist" ("ps" or "top" for linux user) to identify which PID (= program ID) is associated to the program
then type "netstat -no" and there you can see which port does that program use.

To make it short, PRO use both these ports:
  • port 800 TCP (or UDP, I don't remember)
    port 803 TCP

with both opened game works just fine
I hope this can help.

Thanks for sharing this! Glad you got it figured out and are able to login now!

Status
Not open for further replies.